Week 5 GDT: The Philadelphia Mash Units (3-1) vs the Arizona Geriatric Assisted Living Communities (2-2)

EaglesPeteC

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

well hard to be confident in a team that collapses as bad in the 4th quarter every week as we do. 

We have like 4 healthy players. We we're literally missing 4 of our 6(?) best defensive players against the giants.

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

If you think about it we could easily be 1-3. Bad call against the redskins and miracle kick against the gints. Pretty sure if neither of those two plays happen we probably lose those games. 

So are we even good right now? or just kind of lucky and kind of crappy?

We pretty much dominated the Redskins, especially defensively. We made Kirk look as bad as he has looked in over 1.5 years. They scored 12 points on offense. The only reason the score was higher was the tipped pick six Carson threw.

So I'm not sure exactly how we were one bad call against the Skins from losing. 

The Giants 4th quarter almost-meltdown is worrisome. Somewhat. But as Blah just said...our defense was missing nearly half it's starters. Freaking Chris Maragos was our safety. And it still shut them down for 3 quarters.  

Chargers game being close isn't that big a deal. They literally take every team down to the wire they just always lose in some terrible way. 

The Skins game showed us what our defense will look like when back to full health. If we can make it to 5-3 halfway through the season, we are looking good. Darby, McLeod, Hicks, Cox, etc will (hopefully) all be healthy then or sooner. And we might even have Sidney Jones by then.

And if you're looking at our wins like that, then you have to look at our loss. We easily could have won that KC game, had we run the ball more than 13 times. That game I put on Doug. 

And then factor in all the new players on offense and that it takes time to gel. So being 3-1 is nice right now considering how we still have 7 home games left, guys who are going to get healthy coming back, and one of the easier scheduled remaining. And we're also 2-0 in the division. 

If we lose to Arizona I won't change my opinion on this team...which is that we are a playoff team.  But it is definitely a game we should win. WC team on the road in Philly, without their best player on offense, with a terrible OL. Their only two wins have come against the 49ers and Colts, and both games they had to go to overtime to even win. 

Good teams beat the bad ones.  

So are we gonna be one of the good bad teams or bad good teams or neither?

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:
8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Important game really given the short week and TNF game @ Carolina coming up. 

Win be 5-1 or 4-2 going into MNF Against Washington

Lose possibly 3-3 or 4-2 going into the same game!

Eagles need another NFC Win tomorrow. Better get to Palmer early and often for that to happen.

It would be devastating to be 4-2 rather than 4-2 going into that game :D

Point being I think losing in Carolina is a likely outcome. So being 3-3 losing 2 straight going into the MNF game vs Washington (NFCE coin flip), could whined up being a repeat of last seasons start.

Need to win against the Cards to avoid that.

8 hours ago, BLick12 said:

If we're being real, Wentz has missed Alshon on several huge plays. His numbers would look a lot better if Wentz could throw a half decent deep ball.

Is it soon to bring up how Jared Goff is better than Carson and team Goff was right?

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Point being I think losing in Carolina is a likely outcome. So being 3-3 losing 2 straight going into the MNF game vs Washington (NFCE coin flip), could whined up being a repeat of last seasons start.

Need to win against the Cards to avoid that.

You point of winning the game is better than losing the game is top notch analysis haha 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:
2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

cant wait for larry fitzgerald to dismantle us like he does every season

him getting a 100 yards and 2 tds is already in the books. Just need to stop them outside of that. 

I think you guys are forgetting we have the best slot corner in the NFL.

usa-patrick-robinson-eagles.jpg

Archived