Week 5 GDT: The Philadelphia Mash Units (3-1) vs the Arizona Geriatric Assisted Living Communities (2-2)

EaglesPeteC

On 10/5/2017 at 7:44 PM, Jeezla said:

I'm predicting Alshon goes off for 41 yards on 3 catches. He has been disappointing.

His numbers are disappointing, yes, but his impact is not. You think it is a coincidence that Ertz and Agholor are having their best seasons? Or that the run game has gotten better despite worse talent at RB? I expect Alshon to get his when teams scheme more to stop the run and Ertz. The fact that he is there has opened up the offense so much and the red zone offense also more dynamic.

If you wanna talk disappointing, Torrey Smith is your guy......

I don't think anyone ever considered Alshon an elite WR. He's very good. I'd consider him prb in the 15 range. And he doesn't have blazing speed. He's prb one of the best possession receivers. But he's manageable. And when you have good CBs, he's able to be controlled. I don't think that's any kind of knock or absurd statement. I think, in the early going here, he's has some very tough matchups and some very good/elite CBs to go against. 

I think most importantly though is that he's able to have impact on each game. Drawing the best CB of each team each week isn't easy and he's still getting his targets. I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time and mutual comfort with Carson that he busts out. Either way, he takes a lot of attention from the defense and that can't be understated. 

And I think you can kind of say that for the offense as a whole. I think the main factor of our success is the relative performance of the OL. They have been very solid as a unit. But we have a lot of new guys thrown into an offense with a 2nd year QB. Growing pains should be expected. So, if we come off a little forced at times or even sloppy, I think that's par for the course. However, I think they've done a very good job acclimating themselves. Hell, were 3-1. It's a good start. I only see it getting better form here. 10 wins is certainly in the discussion. 

If you think about it we could easily be 1-3. Bad call against the redskins and miracle kick against the gints. Pretty sure if neither of those two plays happen we probably lose those games. 

So are we even good right now? or just kind of lucky and kind of crappy?

28 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If you think about it we could easily be 1-3. Bad call against the redskins and miracle kick against the gints. Pretty sure if neither of those two plays happen we probably lose those games. 

So are we even good right now? or just kind of lucky and kind of crappy?

I feel like Eagles could be 13-3 and win a Super Bowl and ninja would still be like "if it wasn't for these 57 plays they'd be 2-14. This team is kind of crappy" :D

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like Eagles could be 13-3 and win a Super Bowl and ninja would still be like "if it wasn't for these 57 plays they'd be 2-14. This team is kind of crappy" :D

well hard to be confident in a team that collapses as bad in the 4th quarter every week as we do. 

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

well hard to be confident in a team that collapses as bad in the 4th quarter every week as we do. 

Just enjoy being 3-1 and in first place until it falls apart. There will be plenty of time to be negative then. No prize is awarded for the first person to be grumpy. 

Important game really given the short week and TNF game @ Carolina coming up. 

Win be 5-1 or 4-2 going into MNF Against Washington

Lose possibly 3-3 or 4-2 going into the same game!

Eagles need another NFC Win tomorrow. Better get to Palmer early and often for that to happen.

33 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Important game really given the short week and TNF game @ Carolina coming up. 

Win be 5-1 or 4-2 going into MNF Against Washington

Lose possibly 3-3 or 4-2 going into the same game!

Eagles need another NFC Win tomorrow. Better get to Palmer early and often for that to happen.

It would be devastating to be 4-2 rather than 4-2 going into that game :D

Archived