NFL General Discussion

candyman93

Just now, Mega Ron said:

Does it make you tough to play when you're not fit and capable, or does to make you stupid? Or selfish? Or both? Or neither? 

I don’t think it could make you selfish, the head coach always has the option to play someone else if you’re not up to the task.

And with Baker, his injuries weren’t going to get any worse.  A complete tear is a complete tear.  The rest of the stuff was more or less bumps and bruises that everyone deals with iirc.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think it could make you selfish, the head coach always has the option to play someone else if you’re not up to the task.

And with Baker, his injuries weren’t going to get any worse.  A complete tear is a complete tear.  The rest of the stuff was more or less bumps and bruises that everyone deals with iirc.

So stupid then?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not sure how this adds up, but if he’s losing money because he’s playing poorly when injured, why keep playing?   Just shut it down.

If his backups come in and perform at the same level as him, it’s damning.

It’s the ONLY reason he’s trying to tough it out all year.

1 minute ago, Mega Ron said:

So stupid then?

Stupid for who?  His future contract?  Maybe.  For his health?  No.  For the team?  Not his decision in the end and I’m sure plenty of teammates at a minimum appreciate the toughness/heart.

He’s just in that ****ty middle ground where he’s not healthy enough to play effectively but not injured enough to not be able to play.

So ends a disappointing season.

HS Coach resigned/was forced out, my future is unknown. (Btw this is largely why I’ve been so angry, and I’m working on it).

OSU laid a bunch of eggs.

This season was a disappointment to say the least ending in no playoffs.

I need to find a hobby this winter tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

If his backups come in and perform at the same level as him, it’s damning.

It’s the ONLY reason he’s trying to tough it out all year.

He’s toughing it out because he wants to freaking play and win. He’s a competitor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stupid for who?  His future contract?  Maybe.  For his health?  No.  For the team?  Not his decision in the end and I’m sure plenty of teammates at a minimum appreciate the toughness/heart.

He’s just in that ****ty middle ground where he’s not healthy enough to play effectively but not injured enough to not be able to play.

I don't know mate. For me there's no middle ground. It's the team and that's it