NFL General Discussion

candyman93

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

This. Remember when guys in here said they’d be ecstatic with .500 ball?  Things have changed. 

No question this is fair.

You know what else is fair though? Watching the Bengals go from worst to first and land an absolutely surefire franchise QB who looks like he's going to be a future HOF caliber player for the next 15 years. And that's a tough pill to swallow.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

You know what else is fair though? Watching the Bengals go from worst to first and land an absolutely surefire franchise QB who looks like he's going to be a future HOF caliber player for the next 15 years. And that's a tough pill to swallow.

Weird how these stable franchises seem to luck out all the time.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, Keenum is fine.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he played well.

The issue is Baker has put together a few stretches of really great football. He has a really good arm, competitive, etc.  If there’s one dude on this roster who’s gonna be “the man” it’s him.  Not to say he will, but I do think you exhaust that option before looking at career backups and journeymen.

Baker has 19-36 games to make his case.  Nothing is happening before then of any significance I’d imagine. I’m sure it won’t be much of a mystery this time next year what we need to do.

Yep. 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Baker has looked as good as Burrow at times imo.

Having three great WR and a decent TE has magnified Burrows ability. He needed it at LSU too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Holy crap you just made today worse 😂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Lets see how long he lasts with that OL. Tore his ACL last season, most sacked QB this season. 

At least they are giving him excellent weapons all over the place. 

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker has looked as good as Burrow at times imo.

Having three great WR and a decent TE has magnified Burrows ability. He needed it at LSU too. 

I don't know, man. When I watch Burrow, he's a guy that gives me confidence that he can make the plays in key situations (3rd/4th downs, end of half/game drives). Baker, while tough and scrappy, just doesn't have that kind that mojo or instill really any confidence in me. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

You ever watch it?  Or tried to watch and just didn’t like it?  Sometimes it just takes a little time to get what’s going on. 

Tried to watch it, I just don't like it. I really don't like the isolation game and the chucking 3's aspect in the new NBA. I know some do, but I miss the midrange and having to play man to man defense days that were more physical. I know those guys are uber talented, but I just can't get into it.