NFL General Discussion

candyman93

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The issue is the precedent that’s been established by awful owners/human beings who have leveraged leases and new stadiums to move to cities that will bow to them and foot the bill, so fans know that they’ll lose their teams if they don’t acquiesce, whether it’s the Browns, Colts, Rams, Oilers, Raiders, Chargers, Cardinals…the list will go on I’m sure.

It would take EVERY fan base and potential fan base to collectively tell all these dudes to pound sand.

Oh I get that, I don’t think will actually happen.  This is a county filled with people who love to pay more for stuff so billionaires don’t have to.

• Like 2

Maybe I’m alone on this, but I think Kliff Kingsburys system is the correct way to build a modern day NFL team. I just don’t think he has the best QB to implement it, because I’m not a Murray fan.

The Chiefs run the same system. They just have Mahomes and Reid as playcallers.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Murray is gonna be fine. 

hes good he’s going to be good for a while idk how people giving up on a 25 year old 2x pro bowler. 

I have much more faith in Kyler long term than Lamar long term 

Lol he has to have a clause that requires him studying film for a minimum of 4 hours by himself.

I’m noticing a theme with Lincoln Riley QBs. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Lol he has to have a clause that requires him studying film for a minimum of 4 hours by himself.

I’m noticing a theme with Lincoln Riley QBs. 

Seems more like this was put in as an "out" if the Cardinals want out of the contract. Bench him, let him sulk a week where he does nothing, void his contract. Pretty smart really.

Now I don't know the true meaning behind it, maybe he doesn't study but my gut feeling is it's more about having an out if he isn't living up to the contract.

37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Seems more like this was put in as an "out" if the Cardinals want out of the contract. Bench him, let him sulk a week where he does nothing, void his contract. Pretty smart really.

Now I don't know the true meaning behind it, maybe he doesn't study but my gut feeling is it's more about having an out if he isn't living up to the contract.

You might be right.

I still don’t understand why Kliff wanted him. I understand the athleticism and arm strength being intriguing.

But he’s tiny. I’ve never seen a tiny runner last very long.

Murray told the New York Times in 2021. "I'm not one of those guys that's going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don't sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much."

Holy crap.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Straight cooked by a UDFA

I feel like guys like this just need to be used correctly.

Drafting Kyle Hamilton and playing him in press coverage vs a receiver is…. not bright.

He’s a guy like Peppers, Barron, etc., who need a role much closer to what JOK does than a DB playing press coverage.

If you’re going to play him 1:1, it’s against a TE, not a small, quick receiver.

Man against TE’s, plenty of zone, sideline to sideline ability, etc., are what he should be doing primarily.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel like guys like this just need to be used correctly.

Drafting Kyle Hamilton and playing him in press coverage vs a receiver is…. not bright.

He’s a guy like Peppers, Barron, etc., who need a role much closer to what JOK does than a DB playing press coverage.

If you’re going to play him 1:1, it’s against a TE, not a small, quick receiver.

Man against TE’s, plenty of zone, sideline to sideline ability, etc., are what he should be doing primarily.

He needs to bulk up and play like Isaiah Simmons or JOK.

He CANNOT play safety.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

He needs to bulk up and play like Isaiah Simmons or JOK.

He CANNOT play safety.

He’s 6’4 220 already, size isn’t a huge concern imo.  It’s really just a matter of how he’s utilized.

If he’s lined up in the slot in man the team deserves to get torched just like we did when we played Peppers 62 yards off the LOS at FS.