NFL General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’s weird how some franchises just historically suck at drafting certain positions and are great at others.

Chicago and Cleveland suck at drafting QBs, but historically are fantastic at drafting Linebackers (Chicago) and runningbacks (both).

I even felt like when we sucked at drafting we often times drafted quality starters in the secondary, whether it was Haden, TJ Ward, Gipson, UDFA Lockdown Leigh Bodden, Anthony Henry, etc.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Buster Skrine!

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I even felt like when we sucked at drafting we often times drafted quality starters in the secondary, whether it was Haden, TJ Ward, Gipson, UDFA Lockdown Leigh Bodden, Anthony Henry, etc.

Yep, we have always drafted well when it comes to DB’s 

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Even when we sucked I felt like we always had *some* talent at o-line, RB, secondary, and sometimes a good WR or TE that briefly flashed.

What’s different about this current eras team from past teams is obviously QB and pass rusher. We’ve never had anybody close to Garrett or even Clowney. Then obviously it remains to be seen with Watson, but his talent is far greater than anybody we’ve ever had.

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

We need to get Scotty Miller like yesterday. 

Whoever doesn’t make the Buccs and Dolphins roster we need to bring in asap. 

Scotty Miller a better football player than Schwartz. We gotta bring in like 2 guys. 

perriman come back tour?

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’d be down for it. We gotta do something. Too many good receivers out there who are better than what we have. 

I have 0.01% faith in Schwartz actually being a good football player. 

I have more faith than that but I only rate as about a 10% chance.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler provided the latest on SportsCenter:

"People I've talked to around the league still expect that any interested team—whether it's the Browns, Seattle—they're waiting for him to be released.

"They don't want anything to do with that $26 million that he's owed this year. And they know the clock is ticking on San Francisco—that money becomes guaranteed Week 1. And so they're just going to sort of wait this out. There's a chance that the 49ers can try to get some sort of mid-to-late-round pick for him.

"Cleveland, they're the team that everybody is watching. What are they going to do? And right now, the early indications are they're pretty comfortable with Jacoby Brissett."

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Hopefully the comfortable with Brisset part is a bluff or the season is over. I get the rollover cap ramifications on Jimmy G. I’d pounce on him immediately when released and hope he’s the starter by Weeks 2-4.

10 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Hopefully the comfortable with Brisset part is a bluff or the season is over. I get the rollover cap ramifications on Jimmy G. I’d pounce on him immediately when released and hope he’s the starter by Weeks 2-4.

Has a more average C+/B- level Quarterback received more chances to start games on multiple different teams than Jacoby Brissett? 

Edited by AkronsWitness