NFL General Discussion

candyman93

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I guess I don't get why you draft a 24 year old 6 year college rookie who's biggest attribute is being "pro ready" and then don't start him Week 1, but that's just me.

A few games won’t matter. At the end of the day is he “The Guy” or not. 

From his career perspective starting week 8 vs week 1 will mean nothing. 

The just because he’s 24 won’t change the fact that Oline is makeshift. Let the team around him come together before he’s throw out there. If he’s legit they’ll have him for 10 years+. Let him sit on the sidelines and learn how a game flows etc. He’ll be in there around mid season unless Trubisky balls out. 

32 minutes ago, brownie man said:

A few games won’t matter. At the end of the day is he “The Guy” or not. 

From his career perspective starting week 8 vs week 1 will mean nothing. 

The just because he’s 24 won’t change the fact that Oline is makeshift. Let the team around him come together before he’s throw out there. If he’s legit they’ll have him for 10 years+. Let him sit on the sidelines and learn how a game flows etc. He’ll be in there around mid season unless Trubisky balls out. 

I don't think you're understanding me. The entire point is that outside of "he's pro ready", there's not a single first round attribute about Pickett. When you invest in a guy like that, you play him right away.

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't think you're understanding me. The entire point is that outside of "he's pro ready", there's not a single first round attribute about Pickett. When you invest in a guy like that, you play him right away.

Nahhh

the thing is yes he might be pro ready absolutely 

but that doesn’t mean the team around him is ready. If you throw him out there before that line and offense is ready to support him and you ruin him it doesn’t matter if he’s pro ready

rather ruin Trubisky right now then Pickett

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Expect some public funding? I'm shocked.

Let's play Billionaire stadium lease hostage bingo.

"Expect public funding"

"Reminder that the lease expires in ______ and we don't want to move" veiled threat

"We love the fans here, but..."

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Just in case you guys might be interested, I just released my NFL preview episode on the podcast. 

https://www.ayankonthefooty.com/199-a-yank-on-the-footy-2022-nfl-preview-episode/

Just putting it out there, just in case you're at all interested.  

Well heck yeah.

Never got in to the "footy" ball because my brain is at max capacity (need an upgrade) but this should be fun.

5 hours ago, dawgdish said:

The location of Soldier Field is so great, and it just got a facelift recently. What a waste. I guess it's all monopoly money to the owners, since taxpayers end up footing the bill.

The stadium is beautiful and looks good in the skyline / city landscape.

Getting into and out of the stadium is absolutely horrible. I was there for the RHCP / Strokes show 2 weeks ago. So only 40Kish people instead of 70k. 

Its the worst stadium getting in/out possible. 30+ minute walk just to get out of the stadium and onto a street. 45-hour to get to subways or parking garages from your seat. 

Its the least convenient sports arena I've ever been to a  game or concert at. Bears games are even worse.