NFL General Discussion

candyman93

18 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

On the flip side the 49ers were really bad. Trey Lance should be looking over his shoulder… still such a baffling pick

Bro nobody was gonna look great in that weather. He has a few great passes yesterday. 

No Kittle yesterday either. Trey is gonna be fine, but I would have taken Fields over him if I was Shanny. 

Patrick Mahomes is the most talented team sport athlete I've seen since young LeBron.

I'm blown away everytime I watch the Chiefs play and think he will pretty comfortably retire as the best player the sports ever seen. His level of play in the post season is also comically higher than any other all time great QB. Chiefs have put up huge scoring numbers almost every game of his post season career and he already has as many 40 point post season games as Brady despite playing in about 1/5th as many games. 

He hasn't had much room for error in the playoffs unfortunately because his defense has largely stunk and he's needed to make miracles happen. If the team ever sort of catches up theres no stopping him other than hoping he just sort of plays bad. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Patrick Mahomes is the most talented team sport athlete I've seen since young LeBron.

I'm blown away everytime I watch the Chiefs play and think he will pretty comfortably retire as the best player the sports ever seen. His level of play in the post season is also comically higher than any other all time great QB. Chiefs have put up huge scoring numbers almost every game of his post season career and he already has as many 40 point post season games as Brady despite playing in about 1/5th as many games. 

He hasn't had much room for error in the playoffs unfortunately because his defense has largely stunk and he's needed to make miracles happen. If the team ever sort of catches up theres no stopping him other than hoping he just sort of plays bad. 

Watching that game yesterday after watching 4 quarters of Brissett really highlights just how amazing he is lol.

Also, as much as I hate Watson the person, when you see what guys like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Rodgers, etc bring to the table I can understand why you’d do just about anything to upgrade your QB.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Watching that game yesterday after watching 4 quarters of Brissett really highlights just how amazing he is lol.

Also, as much as I hate Watson the person, when you see what guys like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Rodgers, etc bring to the table I can understand why you’d do just about anything to upgrade your QB.

Mahomes is just a different level from everyone I've ever seen except Rodgers from a raw talent and consistency standpoint and I think he offers more from a leadership perspective. 

4 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Mahomes is just a different level from everyone I've ever seen except Rodgers from a raw talent and consistency standpoint and I think he offers more from a leadership perspective. 

I'd add Allen to that group too. Mahomes is better (as of now at least) but Allen isn't far behind. He's also not playing under one of the best offensive minds the league has ever seen in Andy Reid. There's a reason why Allen was drafted so high and it wasn't because of his college production. He just has literally everything you want physically in a QB and he put it all together after a couple of years.

• Like 1