NFL General Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think the division will be way worse than what people projected.

Cinci looks like frauds. Pittsburgh looks bad. Baltimore can’t tackle.

I mean, maybe. I won’t argue that.  But you can’t lose at home to the jets.  Hard stop.

I feel like Pittsburgh and Baltimore figure out how to win that game.

• Like 1

We can't even beat the Jets with a 2 score lead going into the 2 minute warning, and already people grasping at the straw hope that at least the other teams in our division lost so maybe there's still a chance this season. Stay gold you lovable bunch of PTSD riddled Stockholm syndrome Browns fans, stay gold!

• Like 3

Yeah this team is fools gold right now unless something changes, even if they had won and were sitting 2-0. I felt throughout the off-season people were overrating what our defense was going to be. We squeaked by Carolina and let the Jets beat us. This is the easiest stretch of our schedule. Even in a couple weeks if we have a respectable record, you have to look at what the improvement might look like considering who we play. And yesterday, you can’t even really point to not having Deshaun Watson, because Jacoby actually played pretty well. Put that one on the defense. Long season yet, and they will be judged by where they get as the season goes, but they are not even close to a contender as it currently stands. On the one hand, majority of the teams in the NFL are 1-1 right now. I think you’d have to feel better about that though if we had played different teams and yesterday’s loss wasn’t what it was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah this team is fools gold right now unless something changes, even if they had won and were sitting 2-0. I felt throughout the off-season people were overrating what our defense was going to be. We squeaked by Carolina and let the Jets beat us. This is the easiest stretch of our schedule. Even in a couple weeks if we have a respectable record, you have to look at what the improvement might look like considering who we play. And yesterday, you can’t even really point to not having Deshaun Watson, because Jacoby actually played pretty well. Put that one on the defense. Long season yet, and they will be judged by where they get as the season goes, but they are not even close to a contender as it currently stands. On the one hand, majority of the teams in the NFL are 1-1 right now. I think you’d have to feel better about that though if we had played different teams and yesterday’s loss wasn’t what it was.

I think most of us are rightfully looking at this as a race to the 12th game with Watson coming back, and realistically that means putting in as many W's on the easy winnable games as possible while chalking up auto-losses to teams like Buffalo and the Chargers, with at least 1 to Baltimore. We all said we need to be 3-1 after 4 games, and tbh, even 4-0 with a W vs. Pittsburgh. If we happen to win both of the next two, then I suppose that'll be fine, but deep down short of pulling off some miracles down the stretch, this season is now over.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think most of us are rightfully looking at this as a race to the 12th game with Watson coming back, and realistically that means putting in as many W's on the easy winnable games as possible while chalking up auto-losses to teams like Buffalo and the Chargers, with at least 1 to Baltimore. We all said we need to be 3-1 after 4 games, and tbh, even 4-0 with a W vs. Pittsburgh. If we happen to win both of the next two, then I suppose that'll be fine, but deep down short of pulling off some miracles down the stretch, this season is now over.

If we’re being honest the season was over when the suspension went from 6-11 games.  This is a year where we tread water and make excuses.

Next year there are a lot of people whose jobs will be on the line imo.

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we’re being honest the season was over when the suspension went from 6-11 games.  This is a year where we tread water and make excuses.

Next year there are a lot of people whose jobs will be on the line imo.

Probably true, but you never know. There's still always that chance that you catch lightning in a bottle or even are so dominant on defense with the talent we have that you somehow claw your way to 7-4 or 8-3 with our sweet running game. Now you're looking at the schedule going "eh, that's a L...that's probably an L (this week)...that's DEFINITELY an L (Buffalo, Chargers, Dolphins).

Just imagine what Waddle and Hill do to our soft zone defense.

6 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Are we actually meant to be afraid of any team in the AFC? 

we are a epic meltdown by D and ST’s away from being one of only two undefeated teams in the AFC, no one looks that good.

No one looks unstoppable, but still plenty of good teams. Buffalo and KC will bounce back. Miami looks like they could be for real. Baltimore will be Baltimore. Depending on Herbert's health, I imagine he and the Chargers will light our defense up.

We have the talent to beat any team in the league. But with Woods as DC and the silly mistakes we always make, we're still very capable of losing to just about any team as we saw with the Jets.

• Like 1