NFL General Discussion

candyman93

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I thought maybe he would turn it around this year in Carolina in a new place. He kind of just looks the same. He just has not figured out how to be successful within the pocket. You can’t be a good quarterback in the NFL if that’s the case unless you have supreme athleticism outside of the pocket.

He’s getting boo’d again

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/baker-mayfield-i-don-e2-80-99t-care-that-the-fans-are-booing-we-e2-80-99re-going-to-figure-it-out/ar-AA12w9fM

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That sucks - I was really hoping Baker would have some success in Carolina, but I guess the maddening inconsistency that caused us to move on has followed him. Now our maddening inconsistency has shifted to the Defense, which was supposed to the the strength of our team. Can we send Joe Woods to Carolina too?

43 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We have a good kicker. Beyond that we will see if anyone sticks around. Emerson has been decent. 

I like David Bell, but he looks destined to be a 4th WR “rashard higgins” type.

York is a stud and Emerson is the only other rookie who has potential.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I like David Bell, but he looks destined to be a 4th WR “rashard higgins” type.

York is a stud and Emerson is the only other rookie who has potential.

I mean, we’re 4 games into their career.  I think it’s a little hard to say who does or doesn’t have potential just yet lol.

Winfrey had a nice play on Sunday.  Ford will get his shot eventually. Woods seems to be a favorite in TC, we’ll see how that plays out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, we’re 4 games into their career.  I think it’s a little hard to say who does or doesn’t have potential just yet lol.

Winfrey had a nice play on Sunday.  Ford will get his shot eventually. Woods seems to be a favorite in TC, we’ll see how that plays out.

Yeah, there is reason to be hopeful. 

Most likely that hope will be that they are useful players. The gems usually show out immediately. 

The last time we drafted a player who wasn't great out of the gate but ended up being a stud was... hmmmmm. Yeah not sure that has happened in the last 20 years so our hope should be we can turn those prospects into useful players.

• Like 2