NFL General Discussion

candyman93

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Boy I didn't really like Emerson when we picked him, but what has he done to dispel the thought that he's a stud? He's been excellent despite being thrust right into the fire. I have had zero issues with him through 4 games and the preseason. He looks to be an NFL starter.

He looks great man. I didn’t know a thing about him coming out, but man what a pick. He hasn’t played perfect but he’s looked like he belongs since day 1. And this is his rookie year! Definitely looks like our long term outside starter with Greg or Denzel in the slot at times. 

Makes sense we didn’t know much about him being that no one threw at him while he was at Mississippi State so his stats didn’t bounce off the map. But definitely looks like a player. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Boy I didn't really like Emerson when we picked him, but what has he done to dispel the thought that he's a stud? He's been excellent despite being thrust right into the fire. I have had zero issues with him through 4 games and the preseason. He looks to be an NFL starter.

He got beat bad for a TD against the Jets, I think? But yeah, besides that, he's looked as good as you could hope for a third round rookie. Definitely Greedy's replacement as an outside CB if they plan on having Newsome as a NB.

Not getting Russell will be a silver lining for us 

I always wanted Deshaun over Russell but our FO would’ve liked to get Russel if we could’ve got him. Much easier PR move. But on the field looks like we dodged one. 

but honestly it’s Hackett he’s the problem. He’s Hue level bad. Just a horrible coach 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Not getting Russell will be a silver lining for us 

I always wanted Deshaun over Russell but our FO would’ve liked to get Russel if we could’ve got him. Much easier PR move. But on the field looks like we dodged one. 

but honestly it’s Hackett he’s the problem. He’s Hue level bad. Just a horrible coach 

Hackett is definitely a problem, but Russell may be a problem too. It's still early on in the season and he's learning a new system, but he looks terrible.

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Hackett is definitely a problem, but Russell may be a problem too. It's still early on in the season and he's learning a new system, but he looks terrible.

Russ is definitely a problem right now 

because he’s playing in the wrong offense. 

I don’t think I’ve seen two designed rollouts in the 5 games I’ve been able to watch a decent amount of. He’s not Rodgers he’s not tall enough to sit back there and go through reads. They’re not moving the pocket at all and Hacketts redzone playcalling makes Stefanski look like Bill Walsh. 

They’re not going to have success with Hackett. He’s not ready. I don’t think he’s got it. 

13 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Wrong thread 

I think it needs to be in EVERY thread.  

This organization continually pi$$es away opportunity after opportunity.  This isn't "Factory of Sadness" level ineptness, but this team has far too much talent to be a 2 win 3 loss team.  I know not everything can be fixed at one time, but there absolutely some glaring holes (middle of the D-line, safety position) that need to be addressed.  It may be fun to watch the team put 28 points on the board every week, but when you leave 6 points on the field, and the defense watches the opposition run the ball down your throat (LAC learned a TON by watching the Falcons vivisect us on the ground last week), and hang 30 on you, you find yourself a 2 win club.

Fed Up Reaction GIF

• Like 4