NFL General Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Poll: With two linebackers out there, who would you rather take on a block as the SAM:  Phillips or JOK?

To his credit, JOK absolutely shut Mark Andrews down out there.

Phillips or even Taki should be the SAM with JOK and JJ3 as your SS/Apex duo and Delpit or a corner off in that situation.

This defense just looks completely devoid of 230-250 pound second level athletes. 

Because they are.

Im not saying we need to spend a top 10 pick on a LB or whatever, but I don’t think it’s asking too much for a couple mid rounders next April to be spent on some second level athletes who can double as both edge rushers on obvious passing downs as well as stout run defenders from the LB spot on obvious run downs.  Players who would typically profile as a 3-4 OLB.  Kyle Van Noy types.

Add those guys and a fat **** at DT who can eat up blocks and we’re much improved tbh.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Phillips or even Taki should be the SAM with JOK and JJ3 as your SS/Apex duo and Delpit or a corner off in that situation.

The real issue is we simply don’t have the personnel on the roster to match up with big formations for extended periods of time.  

We’ve got some great athletes for when teams want to line up and run, but when they want to slow things down and trade punches on the ground we’re not equipped.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The real issue is we simply don’t have the personnel on the roster to match up with big formations for extended periods of time.  

We’ve got some great athletes for when teams want to line up and run, but when they want to slow things down and trade punches on the ground we’re not equipped.

It's almost like our FO willfully ignored the issue when we play the Ravens twice a year and they're the perennial cream of the crop and have a borderline unstoppable power running game. Funny to me how the Seahawks and Rams have drafted and signed free agents accordingly to have to neutralize one another (and the 49ers) but for whatever reason our FO can't figure it out.

Let's just assume that ALL OF Phillips, Taki, Togiai, Taven Bryan who couldn't play in JAX, whoever that DT from Missouri that we have who starts is, will all make an incredible leap years 2/3/4/5. Yes, that will all happen.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It's almost like our FO willfully ignored the issue when we play the Ravens twice a year and they're the perennial cream of the crop and have a borderline unstoppable power running game. Funny to me how the Seahawks and Rams have drafted and signed free agents accordingly to have to neutralize one another (and the 49ers) but for whatever reason our FO can't figure it out.

Let's just assume that ALL OF Phillips, Taki, Togiai, Taven Bryan who couldn't play in JAX, whoever that DT from Missouri that we have who starts is, will all make an incredible leap years 2/3/4/5. Yes, that will all happen.

I think the goal wasn’t to be reactive to Baltimore, but establish an identity and lean in.

And tbh I think it has some merit when you have DeShaun playing QB.  Build a track team and then force teams to sprint.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the goal wasn’t to be reactive to Baltimore, but establish an identity and lean in.

And tbh I think it has some merit when you have DeShaun playing QB.  Build a track team and then force teams to sprint.

Let me say this:

You'd better be right in how you're going to do that though, and that means going up 2+ possessions EARLY and forcing them to be one dimensional, which means not just scoring a lot of points, but getting off the field.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Let me say this:

You'd better be right in how you're going to do that though, and that means going up 2+ possessions EARLY and forcing them to be one dimensional, which means not just scoring a lot of points, but getting off the field.

And forcing turnovers, which we more or less don’t do.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Trading Hunt and Greedy will generate some cap relief for next year could add 3-4 million. 

We are 251 on the cap next year with a role over of 34 million

At this point, trade them for draft picks since they aren't signed next year anyway and likely won't be resigned. I think this season is done.

I say we cut Watson, take the 220 million dollar cap hit just to see what the NFL would do to us for being 200 million over the cap. If it's nothing, we can resign him for 300 million guaranteed because we don't have anything to worry about, it's not our money. We can also sign all the free agents we want.

• Like 1