NFL General Discussion

candyman93

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

Along with the other countless nonsense wars we've been involved in the past 50+ years.

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So far I’ve heard Shelton, Vea and Ngata as comps.

Not sure if people watched him play or just looked at his photo…

Not sure I call him a A+ run defender 

From memory he is not as quick as  ngata not as strong.

As far as film he went to Baylor so there

Is a lot of film.

That said could not find any film him beating the living crap on any nfl guard or center.

8 hours ago, DawgX said:

Along with the other countless nonsense wars we've been involved in the past 50+ years.

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So far I’ve heard Shelton, Vea and Ngata as comps.

Not sure if people watched him play or just looked at his photo…

Not sure I call him a A+ run defender 

From memory he is not as quick as  ngata not as strong.

As far as film he went to Baylor so there

Is a lot of film.

That said could not find any film him beating the living crap ofSaturday Morning Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF any nfl guard or center.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hard Pass. He’s 5’9.

Yeah that’s why he’s a nickel in the NFL. He is going to be a good starting nickel for somebody, I think that’s good value at this point in the draft. The height limitations obviously limit the upside.

31 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Tanner McKee would be a freaking steal here. 

I wouldn’t expect him to be the type of guy we’d look at.

We’ve always had a backup with a similar skill set to our starter under Stefanski, I’d expect that to continue.

I’m guessing they’d want someone with more mobility.

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wouldn’t expect him to be the type of guy we’d look at.

We’ve always had a backup with a similar skill set to our starter under Stefanski, I’d expect that to continue.

I’m guessing they’d want someone with more mobility.

Probably. I just have a starter grade on McKee. DTR would be more sensible, but I like him less. 

• Like 1

Ravens declined the 2024 option on Patrick Queen

Hot take- Ravens and Steelers haven’t drafted as well as our fan base likes to overreact and claim

However, the Bengals have dominated drafting unfortunately 

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Ravens declined the 2024 option on Patrick Queen

Hot take- Ravens and Steelers haven’t drafted as well as our fan base likes to overreact and claim

However, the Bengals have dominated drafting unfortunately 

The Steelers actually don’t draft any better than anyone else, they just have a plan and develop players as well as any team.  They think a year or two ahead with their picks.  

The Ravens hit on a lot of picks… because the draft a ton of players.  We think they win every draft because the go brand name on draft day.  They don’t necessarily hit at a higher rate than anyone else.  Also, they do a decent job of planning ahead.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Steelers actually don’t draft any better than anyone else, they just have a plan and develop players as well as any team.  They think a year or two ahead with their picks.  

The Ravens hit on a lot of picks… because the draft a ton of players.  We think they win every draft because the go brand name on draft day.  They don’t necessarily hit at a higher rate than anyone else.  Also, they do a decent job of planning ahead.

They also seem to hit big. Like Lamar and Andrew’s and Orland Brown all in the same draft. So that covers up blemishes for a couple years. Had Baker made the leap that 18 draft would be the best ever for the Browns.  Hell 17 and 18  are by far the best drafts we have had since 99

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JDD said:

They also seem to hit big. Like Lamar and Andrew’s and Orland Brown all in the same draft. So that covers up blemishes for a couple years. Had Baker made the leap that 18 draft would be the best ever for the Browns.  Hell 17 and 18  are by far the best drafts we have had since 99

Also, when you’re not spending a **** ton of picks on QB trying to find someone competent it’s easy to build the rest of your roster.

QB’s drafted in R1 since ‘99

Steelers: 2 (and 3 since 1980, 4 since 1970, 6 total going back to 1936!)

Ravens: 3

Bengals: 3 (plus a second in Dalton)

Browns: 5 plus 3 firsts for Watson plus a 2 on Kizer. 

Quinn, Weeden, JFF, Baker, and Kizer are all in the last 15 years.  If any of those guys hit we can spend multiple firsts on other positions.

• Like 1

I might be in the minority, but I always feel like if you get 2 good starters that’s a good / very good draft. You need to also get 1 starter in free agency too.

Just an example- Let’s say Jones and Wypler turn into players with multiple pro bowl appearances, but not all pro level. Then a guy like Elijah Moore explodes into a routine 1000+ yard and 8+ TD type of guy.

We’d call Berry the GOAT.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1