Video Games News/Buzz thread

thrILL!

I upgraded from the base tier to the middle tier of PS+, and it seems like a great deal. I think it is an extra $30 per year (?), and I was instantly able to download Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, and Kingdom Come Deliverance. Easily $100+ of games I've really been wanting to play. Even if I only play 2-3 games a year from it, I'd say that is good value. 

I've gotten about 3-4 hours into Tsushima, and loving it so far.

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm fully aware of what new games cost but this is a remake of a remake and I find it hilarious. 

Aah missed that. Yeah, that is ridiculous. They should have made it super cheap or F2p to hype of the TV show

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I upgraded from the base tier to the middle tier of PS+, and it seems like a great deal. I think it is an extra $30 per year (?), and I was instantly able to download Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, and Kingdom Come Deliverance. Easily $100+ of games I've really been wanting to play. Even if I only play 2-3 games a year from it, I'd say that is good value. 

I've gotten about 3-4 hours into Tsushima, and loving it so far.

Nice, I wish they would launch their games day 1 into it too.
It's just nice to be able to play day 1 with games, especially ones that have a multiplayer/social element or a story people will spoil.
I think it'd be good for Sony too because of the numbers some of those exclusives do compared to other platforms.

Do it at least for like the Returnal, Ratchet tier.

32 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Saw somewhere said it might be in the higher tiers of PS+ when it comes out.
But yeah that's awful, at some point throw your fans a bone for once.

That's my thing also. A lot of them were pissed with how 2 ended up (not sure why bc I thought it was fantastic) and this is a game that's been remade for the third time and pricing it like a new release? Just didn't settle well with me.

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

FFVIIR2 (Rebirth) teaser was released and it doesn't seem like it'll be open world. I dunno, just a feeling but not a fan of that. Still a day one purchase and I'm excited for it but not nearly as much as I would be if it was confirmed open world. 

I dont necessarily mind....but I am overall annoyed at how Final Fantasy as a whole has basically ditched open worlds for more linear approaches since 13.   Curious to see whats up with 16.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 43M said:

I dont necessarily mind....but I am overall annoyed at how Final Fantasy as a whole has basically ditched open worlds for more linear approaches since 13.   Curious to see whats up with 16.

16 kinda looks like they've got rid of the party system. I don't understand that if true. A single protagonist FF game?? Never been such a thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

16 kinda looks like they've got rid of the party system. I don't understand that if true. A single protagonist FF game?? Never been such a thing

I can accept that if its done well.    I hated most of 13s characters, so a bigger cast isnt necessarily a good thing.

15 had a party, but you really only controlled Noctis and I didnt love the progression system.   I could see the main character in 16 fighting along others, but the player only controlling and developing the main character.

Just bring back open worlds.  😁

• Like 1