College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

56 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Im saying it now, Nakobe Dean has some Ray Lewis (inspire the troops when they are down in him) 

Yes

I get Ray Lewis vibes watching him. He will be a sure fire leader day 1 for whoever drafts him.

His play backs up the talk too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I just love that he actually defends the run. Most guys his size and talent only want to rush the QB.

He plays like a bully and blows up run plays. He’d be an amazing fit for us. He’d be entering his prime by the time Clowneys play starts to dip due to age.

I’d be surprised if this FO grabs a rSR R1-2.

• Like 1

Concur with Candyman Jordan Davis is a DT stud and I would use first pick on him for several reasons: he is a sure starter and potential all pro, WR selections are 50% successful, and our d line with Clowney would be dominant.  Second pick should be WR as there will be many available.  Third pick should be speed LB as we have a good chance of finding a starting NFL player.  Then, BPA and pick the best college punter with late rounder.  Free agency will be pricey this year and I believe Ward, Clowney, Stewart, and Njoku make $ense to resign if the numbers are reasonable.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Im saying it now, Nakobe Dean has some Ray Lewis (inspire the troops when they are down in him) 

I have been sayin it for awhile now...if Dean is on the board, along with Garret Wilson AND Jameson Williams???  I am having a difficult time making that choice!

Dean next to JOK is scary!

There should be a WR in the 2nd round that could start for us, and compete at a high level...Justyn Ross...maybe David Bell if he drops

Not saying I would be mad at taking Wilson or Williams....just super difficult to pass up a difference maker on D, that could potentially put it over the top!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be surprised if this FO grabs a rSR R1-2.

So does that mean we’re going to pass on a lot of Alabama players?

Saban is phenomenal at convincing guys to stick around 4 years.

Georgia had a lot of seniors on that front 7 too.

Edited by candyman93

28 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I have been sayin it for awhile now...if Dean is on the board, along with Garret Wilson AND Jameson Williams???  I am having a difficult time making that choice!

Unfortunately for Williams, that torn ACL means he's going to drop a bit. I'm personally not taking a guy coming off an ACL tear R1 for our roster who needs an instant healthy contributor. Sign me up post R1 for him or Metchie though.

Dean next to JOK is scary!

NO DOUBT

There should be a WR in the 2nd round that could start for us, and compete at a high level...Justyn Ross...maybe David Bell if he drops

Ross may even fall further based upon past medicals. I like his potential a lot, and while I like Bell, he's physically not a game breaking athlete and is purely a possession and Red Zone type IMO.

Not saying I would be mad at taking Wilson or Williams....just super difficult to pass up a difference maker on D, that could potentially put it over the top!

If you pass on one of those stud WR, it had better be Dean or an immediate impact pass rusher on the EDGE or interior.

• Like 1