What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, adamq said:

MV5BZmM3YzEyNWQtNWJmNy00NDAyLWJhYTUtM2Yw

Last Crusade was definitely my favorite of the first 3. The goofy ridiculousness was at a minimum and I loved the pace of the whole movie.

It's the best Indiana Jones movie, for sure.

• Like 1

Crystal Skull was much better than I anticipated- usually the 20 year later rehash movies are terrible but I only had a couple gripes with this.

1. Why did Shia Lebouf bring his motorcycle to south America, knowing they are going in the jungle? Also, where'd he learn to communicate with monkeys and swing from vines.. I don't think they have a Tarzan 101 course even in a posh boarding school

2. The end I was cool with until 

Spoiler

The aliens morphed into one being and a bunch of rock and gold turned into a space.. er dimension ship.. but whatever, the Russian ladies death was awesome

Edited by adamq

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Crystal Skull was much better than I anticipated- usually the 20 year later rehash movies are terrible but I only had a couple gripes with this.

1. Why did Shia Lebouf bring his motorcycle to south America, knowing they are going in the jungle? 

2. The end I was cool with until 

Reveal hidden contents

The aliens morphed into one being and a bunch of rock and gold turned into a space.. er dimension ship.. but whatever, the Russian ladies death was awesome

I watched all 4 in preparation for Dial of Destiny a couple months back. The first hour of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is perfectly fine. Once they get in the jungle it just goes off the rails.

• Like 1

HBO’s recommendation algorithm is firing on all cylinders. “Because you watched Juno” suggestions include Jennifer’s Body and Orphan. Ellen (Elliot) Page in Hard Candy must’ve been on their mind. 

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

In a good way?

Yeah I enjoyed it. Any fans of Atlanta or Jordan Peele movies will probably dig it too. Sci-fi mystery meets satire meets dark comedy.  Jamie Foxx is hilarious in it!

• Like 1

Renfield was ok.  Nicholas Hoult and Nicolas Cage as Dracula are both good in it.  Hoult start as Renfield, Dracula's assistant who wants to have a life of his own but the count won't allow that.  The sub plot with the drug running family didn't feel like it fit in with the rest of he movie.  There's lots of bloody carnage and some over the top kills in it.  I had some fun while watching it, but it's forgettable.  This is another something to watch movie.   6/10

On 7/29/2023 at 3:42 PM, adamq said:

Why did Shia Lebouf bring his motorcycle to south America, knowing they are going in the jungle? Also, where'd he learn to communicate with monkeys and swing from vines.. I don't think they have a Tarzan 101 course even in a posh boarding school

For all the movie’s flaws, are you really questioning Shia Lebeouf being able to talk to monkeys?

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

The Jerk.

Top 3 comedy all time

The scene that always stayed with me was Bernadette Peters and her impeccable comedic timing in this scene.

In a move full of lol moments, her, "1...2...THREE... 4 5 6!" is a line I quote all the time.