What movie are you watching?

Forge

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Me and my gal watched all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies over the last few days. The first one is still so good.

The last one is so bad and retcons so many things for no good reason.

Completely agree. First one was fantastic but the series went downhill from there.

10 hours ago, Sad People said:

Completely agree. First one was fantastic but the series went downhill from there.

First one is an absolute classic.  The second one was so bad that i've never seen the entirety of any of the sequels.  I've probably seen most of the third one at this point, but I don't think ever in one sitting.  The original was one of the best movie experiences I've ever been to.

23 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

First one is an absolute classic.  The second one was so bad that i've never seen the entirety of any of the sequels.  I've probably seen most of the third one at this point, but I don't think ever in one sitting.  The original was one of the best movie experiences I've ever been to.

Its a shame how the series turn out. Makes me wonder what happened.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I’ve tried watching 4 and 5 not that long ago, but couldn’t finish either one. Even with them having eye candy like Cruz and Kaya.

11 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Just saw the new Mission Impossible.

It was a good action flick and I definitely enjoyed it (like all of them) but the 99% rating it currently has seems a bit much lol. 

That's the thing about RT, if everyone gives it a C, that's still a 100% fresh rating.  People know exactly what these MI movies are, so no one is surprised.  A nice well executed action movie with enough plot to make sense is hard to rate as rotten.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That's the thing about RT, if everyone gives it a C, that's still a 100% fresh rating.  People know exactly what these MI movies are, so no one is surprised.  A nice well executed action movie with enough plot to make sense is hard to rate as rotten.

True but you could say that for like any objectively good movie imo. Lion King for example is like unanimously loved but is only at a 93%. I could say “a nice well executed animation movie with enough plot is hard to rate as rotten” but it still miraculously is 6% worse than the new MI. 

I really liked the movie but it feels like RT has just jumped the shark and this is more of a comment on them than the new MI. I remember in the early days of RT it was like Citizen Kane and Godfather at 99+s. Now it feels like every merely good movie that comes out gets crazy high ratings. Saving Private Ryan and Lawrence of Arabia have 94% and a movie like Black Panther is at a 96%. That’s objectively absurd. Feels like the threshold/expectations for what makes a good/great movie has been significantly lowered the last decade.

Watched Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and Fallout over the week and they werent bad. I definitely liked Rogue Nation over Fallout.

Id probably rank them in order from my favorite to least favorite, 1,3,Rogue Nation,Fallout,2. With 3 and Rogue Nation being rankly pretty close together. Still havent seen Ghost Protocol.