What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 6/13/2023 at 2:41 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

GOTG3 is probably my all-time favorite movie

If your favorite movie is a superhero movie, you need to watch more movies.

Sorry, but… Actually I’m really not sorry. That’s an insult to 120+ years of the craft and I am personally offended.

16 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Sorry, but… Actually I’m really not sorry. That’s an insult to 120+ years of the craft and I am personally offended.

Dude...leave the man alone.

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Cool. Next time I am ready to share an opinion, I’ll run it by you to make sure it’s ok. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Cool. Next time I am ready to share an opinion, I’ll run it by you to make sure it’s ok. 

I approve of Lalo, so you can keep your avatar, but not your favorite movie. I’m available almost every day when you need me.

The Karate Kid(84) is one of those all time classics.  Ralph Macchio is great as Daniel, a regular kid who gets bullied in school when he starts dating Ali, whose ex Johnny is a karate expert.  Daniel learns karate from Mr.Miyagi(Pat Morita in a great performance) who has Daniel painting fences, waxing cars and sanding floors.  Those mundane tasks are teaching him karate and he enters a tournament.  The characters make this predictable movie a lot better.  Daniel and Miyagi become good friends, even father-son like, and Daniels relationship with Ali is believable as well.  This is one of those movies like E.T., Back to the future and Big where it can be enjoyed by anyone from 8 years old and older.  You can also watch it over and over.  10/10

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Fall, Meet Joe Black, True Romance, The Wailing, Dark City, The Rider and Dead Poets Society....

Some of my all time favorites, going with three DVDs at a time on Netflix before it is gone for good in terms of DVD rentals in September.  Trying to get some that I love but do not have personally in my collection.  Sucks though that the original Hellraiser is not available on Netflix for DVD rental, neither is Glengary Glenn Ross one of the coolest films ever made....same with Insomnia 2002 with Al Pacino, Hilary Swank and Robin Williams one of the best all time with that one also....and even "The King" which Netflix made one cannot get on DVD and only with steaming, arguably one of the best actual films Netflix ever made in my opinion.  Oh and The Perks of Being a Wallflower is one of the most underrated movies, no one talks about it and the film is absolutely outstanding, especially with all the nut job stuff going on in high schools now a days, it is fabulous!

Oh and True Romance is so cool, I would still say Blood Simple is better though because in the middle of True Romance it kinds of dies out a bit....

Oh and The Wailing, holy **** that movie is amazing!  Absolutely love it and one of the best horror movies made in the past 10 years eaily.  That movie is so damn good!  It is such a better film than Parasite in basically every single way, no way in hell is Parasite a better film than The Wailing, absolutely no way!

9 hours ago, MacReady said:

Doom is a terrible movie, but I’ll be danged if it’s not extremely enjoyable.

This movie is in Waterworld territory for me. Probably a top 200 favorite movie. But it really is terrible.

Jeanne Tripplehorn as "Helen" in Waterworld ruined it!  Sure that kid was damn annoying but was supposed to be.  Think about if say Madeleine Stowe, lady on the left here was in that role instead.  She would have done a much better job and made Waterworld a better film.  

2.jpg

PS Dennis Hopper as "Deacon" is bad to the bone!  Cool villain, and that movie is not nearly as bad as people say but there were some bad parts, still the casting of that one lady was a big negative in my book.

Never see Doom with the Rock in it, but honestly not much of a story there to begin with.  Not like Resident Evil 2002 film, that had a great story from the game and that movie was very cool, really cool beginning that is for sure!   Hell Milla Jovovich would have been a much better "Helen" in Waterworld as well!  

Edited by Ozzy

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Fall, Meet Joe Black, True Romance, The Wailing, Dark City, The Rider and Dead Poets Society....

Some of my all time favorites, going with three DVDs at a time on Netflix before it is gone for good in terms of DVD rentals in September.  Trying to get some that I love but do not have personally in my collection.  Sucks though that the original Hellraiser is not available on Netflix for DVD rental, neither is Glengary Glenn Ross one of the coolest films ever made....same with Insomnia 2002 with Al Pacino, Hilary Swank and Robin Williams one of the best all time with that one also....and even "The King" which Netflix made one cannot get on DVD and only with steaming, arguably one of the best actual films Netflix ever made in my opinion.  Oh and The Perks of Being a Wallflower is one of the most underrated movies, no one talks about it and the film is absolutely outstanding, especially with all the nut job stuff going on in high schools now a days, it is fabulous!

Oh and True Romance is so cool, I would still say Blood Simple is better though because in the middle of True Romance it kinds of dies out a bit....

Oh and The Wailing, holy **** that movie is amazing!  Absolutely love it and one of the best horror movies made in the past 10 years eaily.  That movie is so damn good!  It is such a better film than Parasite in basically every single way, no way in hell is Parasite a better film than The Wailing, absolutely no way!

Love perks of being a wall flower.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Jeanne Tripplehorn as "Helen" in Waterworld ruined it!  Sure that kid was damn annoying but was supposed to be.  Think about if say Madeleine Stowe, lady on the right here was in that role instead.  She would have done a much better job and made Waterworld a better film.  

2.jpg

PS Dennis Hopper as "Deacon" is bad to the bone!  Cool villain, and that movie is not nearly as bad as people say but there were some bad parts, still the casting of that one lady was a big negative in my book.

Never see Doom with the Rock in it, but honestly not much of a story there to begin with.  Not like Resident Evil 2002 film, that had a great story from the game and that movie was very cool, really cool beginning that is for sure!   Hell Milla Jovovich would have been a much better "Helen" in Waterworld as well!  

I’m sure it’s a typo, but Madeleine is on the left. She was very good in that era.

7 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

I’m sure it’s a typo, but Madeleine is on the left. She was very good in that era.

Yes you are right, very sorry I will correct it, I am dyslexic...   Lady on the right could have done it also but not sure she has the acting chops she is just a pretty face but those are needed at times as well.  

Where the heck is this film available?  Never seen it, looks pretty solid as a romantic comedy with 90s cheese!

What is this like one of the hottest scenes in the history of film right here.  How am I just knowing about this now?  Oh and Netflix does not have it available for rent, what a shocker.  Damn shame, this should be shown on TV just as much as Uncle Buck is!

ast.gif

Maybe Jennifer Connelly should have been in Waterworld as well!  She is one of the prettiest women on the planet and she was really good in A Beautiful Mind, Blood Diamond, Dark City, He's Just Not that Into You, The Rocketeer and Labyrinth, she even still looks good now at 53!  

• Like 1