What movie are you watching?

Forge

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I still haven't seen the first one...

*ducks for cover*

I’m not one of those types who attacks someone for not seeing something. I’ll kill for other things, sure - I’ll even kill for lesser things, such as beans in chili. But I don’t kill on this sorta stuff.

I’d highly recommend the first one. Great movie.

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m not one of those types who attacks someone for not seeing something. I’ll kill for other things, sure - I’ll even kill for lesser things, such as beans in chili. But I don’t kill on this sorta stuff.

I've heard nothing but great things but...man...I just really drag my feet for animated movies. Just not my cup of tea. 

So, as far as beans in chili...for or against? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse was incredible. Better than the first, best animated movie I’ve ever seen, best comic book movie since Infinity War.

Just saw it with the expectation that it wouldn’t live up to the first one (which is honestly one of my favorite movies of all time) and bruh….

I got to let it breathe before I can say if it’s better than the first but at worst it’s equal to it. They nail the third one (and I see no reason why they wouldn’t) and it’s easily among the best trilogy I’ve ever seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Just saw it with the expectation that it wouldn’t live up to the first one (which is honestly one of my favorite movies of all time) and bruh….

I got to let it breathe before I can say if it’s better than the first but at worst it’s equal to it. They nail the third one (and I see no reason why they wouldn’t) and it’s easily among the best trilogy I’ve ever seen.

I went in with very high expectations, and it just exceeded those expectations. Like… wow, it was such an incredible movie!

Spoiler

Also - Dimension 42 Miles Morales was rocking those Retro Jordans 4s!? I’m totally buying those whenever they drop. I love how the retro Jordans are subtly worked into the movie…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We are mortal enemies now but I'm sure that doesn't surprise you whatsoever

I used to think people are ****ing stupid for not putting beans in their chili, but…

Grains of any kind should be removed from any diet. 

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse was incredible. Better than the first, best animated movie I’ve ever seen, best comic book movie since Infinity War.

Yeah, it was incredible. Had a handful of absolutely amazing moments. Gwen and Miles are so good. Though I thought the Jess Drew debut was maybe the cringiest thing I've ever seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Yeah, it was incredible. Had a handful of absolutely amazing moments. Gwen and Miles are so good. Though I thought the Jess Drew debut was maybe the cringiest thing I've ever seen.

I didn’t feel that way TOO much, but it definitely wasn’t what I was expecting.

Spoiler

I was too enthralled with that opening scene, tbh. Jaw dropping opening scene… Gwen vs The Vulture from a Victorian era universe, then the *actual* introduction for Miguel O’Hara (who is a personal favorite iteration of Spider Man).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I didn’t feel that way TOO much, but it definitely wasn’t what I was expecting.

Hide contents

I was too enthralled with that opening scene, tbh. Jaw dropping opening scene… Gwen vs The Vulture from a Victorian era universe, then the *actual* introduction for Miguel O’Hara (who is a personal favorite iteration of Spider Man).

Spoiler

The opening scene was absolutely amazing. Gwen talking about her life, struggles, anger, emotions, etc. while simultaneously relating it to all the other Spiders was absolutely beautiful. Even though I hadn't watched the original since it came out, that was all I needed to be fully invested in Gwen again. Legitimately a top 3 Superhero opening ever I think. There were a ton of scenes in this that simply had superb writing. The intro, the four Spiders saving the citizens in Mumbattan, the Spot going from silly to demented, the canon event explanation, everything with Miles and his family, Gwen and her dad, Miguel's character, etc. That and the bonkers amount of references (Spectacular Spider-Man getting some shine was so cool) made this an amazing film.

The Jess arrival was so bad though. Immediately tearing down Miguel's competence for no reason (who is the most important character this film introduced), Gwen's completely out of character and forced idolization, and the absolute irresponsibility of a pregnant woman (and the pregnancy made zero impact on anything else in the movie, so there was no reason for that to be thrown in) joining an intense fight was awful. Peter bringing his daughter around the Miles chase was also bad but at least it was used moreso comedically. The pregnancy fight was taken completely seriously. Legitimately baffling how such a good movie made such a stupid call on that one, especially when after that she was fine as a character.

• Like 1