What movie are you watching?

Forge

10 things I hate about you. 8/10 just a really well done high school movie. Heath and Julia play so well of each other. 

Wish upon a star 6.5/10 movie is very cheesy but loved it as a kid, and still have a foudness for it. Didn’t realize for years that it was Katherine Heigl as one of the leads

On 2/18/2024 at 3:17 AM, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Tucker-and-Dale-Vs-Evil-Movie-poster-1-6

I wasn't expecting much, but as it turned out, I just finished watching what was one of the most enjoyable movies of it's genre I've seen in a long time.  Over the years, I have seen so many slasher movies that it takes a lot to make much of an impression on me anymore.  This movie's combination of old time gore mixed with comedy, and even a little romance, really made for a fun experience. 

One of my favorite comedies, had me cracking up throughout the movie. Not quite as strong for rewatchability as other comedies, but for comedy horrors it's tough to beat.

• Like 2

I just saw The Fall Guy, I enjoyed it. It didn’t have the wit or the humor as the other movie-within-a-movie movie or movie about making a movie (Tropic Thunder) or whatever terminology you want to use, but it was still a solid, fun time. I liked seeing Gosling and Blunt’s rekindling romance and they had some feel good moments with good chemistry with some kickass action (though it kinda teeters on Fast and the Furious levels of absurdity if that’s not your thing). 

And the big twist midway through the movie and the climax had me sold. I’m dead serious when I say it’s not what the trailers advertised at all… and I loved it. It looks like Universal learned a thing or two about swerving audiences after all the (rightful) backlash over Halloween Ends (read: how to do it right).

Also dug hearing Kiss’ “I Was Made for Lovin’ You”. 😚

3.75/5

Posted (edited)

Top alltime favorite movies off the top of my head

1 Return of The Living Dead

2 The Toxic Avenger

3 cannibal: the musical

4 in bruges

5 seven psychopaths

6  vampire kiss

7 one cut of the dead

8 cabin in the woods

9 little shop of horrors

10 the menu

12 freddy got fingered

13 wet hot american summer

14 tremors

15 inglourious basterds

15. gremlins 2

16. Turbo Kid

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Cutthroat Island 6.5/10 maybe it’s because I’m a fan of Pirates, but I enjoyed this movie, and don’t think it’s as bad as people say. Only issue was Davis was  extremely miscast in the role.

Edited by Fresh Prince

On 4/29/2024 at 10:15 AM, beekay414 said:

Denise in her prime was the only reason I ever thought there might've been a god. 

Christmas Jokes.

But really...probably best Bond Girl ever.

9 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Cutthroat Island 6.5/10 maybe it’s because I’m a fan of Pirates, but I enjoyed this movie, and don’t think it’s as bad as people say. Only issue was Davis was  extremely miscast in the role.

We need more good pirate media tbh

In the last like 30 years all we’ve gotten is like 2 out of the 5 pirates of the caribbean movies being good and Black Sails

I watched Driving Miss Daisy recently. It’s not as good as I thought it was going to be. There’s really nothing to this movie. In hindsight you’d give Best Picture to another movie before this one, like Glory for example.

B+

14 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

We need more good pirate media tbh

In the last like 30 years all we’ve gotten is like 2 out of the 5 pirates of the caribbean movies being good and Black Sails

Wholeheartedly agree. Give me anything pirates, need a new tv set in that premise. 

• Like 1

Stardust from 2007 is very underrated.  A young man makes a promise to his 'one and only' that he'll venture into a magical land to retrieve  fallen star, and ends up in a big adventure.  It's basically it's own fairy tale, and is very enjoyable.  Charlie Cox as the young man, Claire Danes as the star, Michelle Pfeiffer as the witch trying to get the star for selfish reasons, and Robert De Niro as a cross dressing pirate.  This magical fantasy adventure is worth seeing again and again.  8/10

Paycheck from 2003 stars Ben Affleck as an engineer who does a job, then has his memory erased.  He tries to piece together what job he did with a bunch of random clues to help him solve the puzzle and/or get him out of jams.  Not a bad movie, but I was expecting more from director John Woo as far as the action goes.  The action felt very by the numbers.  It's not boring, but it isn't anything new either.  It's something to watch  6/10

On 5/2/2024 at 2:30 PM, RuskieTitan said:

One of my favorite comedies, had me cracking up throughout the movie. Not quite as strong for rewatchability as other comedies, but for comedy horrors it's tough to beat.

This movie is great.  I find it very rewatchable.  It's crossing Friday the 13th with Airplane or Naked Gun.