What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, Bowler1215 said:

Frailty is very underrated.  I've seen it 3 times(maybe 4) it's a great back and forth between whether Bill Paxton's character was told by God to destroy demons or if he's lost it and is flat out murdering people.  You catch more things on multiple viewings.  One of the best twist endings ever.  This gets my rare infinity/10 rating.

Naked Gun 33 1/3 just more goofiness that you'd expect in this franchise.  Lots of sight gags, one liners, etc.  It's the weakest of the trilogy but it's still a fun watch.  7/10

I freaking love Frailty 

• Like 1

Kong: Skull Island wasn’t nearly as bad the second time.

It’s bad. Terrible even. But I judged it for something it never tried to be.

As a large monster movie with no further ambitions, it’s not bad.

15 hours ago, MacReady said:

Qyg4cD.gif 

This death alone makes the movie better than bad or terrible iyam. 

I don't really think it's a good movie but for the genre it's in, it's perfectly fine and watchable CGI-fest. 

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

The Back to the Future trilogy. Every year I give them a re-watch.

I never understood the love for the trilogy.

It’s certainly good. Enjoyable even, but to me it’s a once every ten years trilogy.

Not trying to talk crap against it, it’s just never been for me.

screen-shot-2017-07-05-at-11-45-15-am.pn

Baby Driver

It was a little up and down with it's pacing and tone but overall this was pretty damn enjoyable. I'd definitely give it a watch again in the future for the driving scenes alone.

18 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Baby Driver

It was a little up and down with it's pacing and tone but overall this was pretty damn enjoyable. I'd definitely give it a watch again in the future for the driving scenes alone.

I’m rewatching s1 ofTokyo Vice before I dive into s2 and I’m convinced that Ansel Elgort is perfect to play the younger Chris (Val Kilmer) in Heat 2.  Considering that Michael Mann is EP on Tokyo Vice and directed its pilot, I think there’s a decent chance it might happen. 

Highlander 2 was god awful.  Poor acting, directing, the fight scenes were horribly done.  It felt like it was made to be a 'so bad it's good' movie but it wasn't good one bit.  0/10

Dead Bang from 89 with Don Johnson was better than expected.  He's a cop investigating the murder of a patrol officer, which leads to a white supremacy group.  The film is more about his investigation and not so much about shootouts and explosions(although there's plenty of those, that's not the focus)  The twist at the end did feel like it came from left field.  Still, an under rated movie.  7/10

Dream Scenario if you complain that there's no original ideas in Hollywood, here you go.  Nicolas Cage starts as a family man and college professor whose life takes drastic turns when lots of people tell him he's been in their dreams.  This is one of those movies you want to know as little as possible.  You want to experience this for yourself.   8/10

Freelance another awful movie.  John Cena and Alison Brie are ok together.  The first action sequence on the bridge was fine.  Outside of that, this action comedy wasn't funny and the action wasn't all that interesting.  Neither were the villains, and Marton Csokas(who has played good villains before) was one of them.  That's why this movie felt longer than what it was.  0/10

On 4/5/2024 at 11:13 AM, thrILL! said:

I’m rewatching s1 ofTokyo Vice before I dive into s2 and I’m convinced that Ansel Elgort is perfect to play the younger Chris (Val Kilmer) in Heat 2.  Considering that Michael Mann is EP on Tokyo Vice and directed its pilot, I think there’s a decent chance it might happen. 

Tokyo vice is so good. S2 starts just a tick slow, be warned, but it finishes very strong imo

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 7:46 PM, MacReady said:

Kong Skull Island is, imo the best of all these King Kong/Godzilla movies.  It has a few stretches that lag a little bit, but it has a great story, incredibly well acted (costuming did a nice job too), soundtrack is great and it all really just adds up to a "period piece" vibe that screams Vietnam, but much more clean production.  Idk how many times i've watched it now.  It just holds up to rewatching like very few "monster movies" ever do.

On 4/5/2024 at 11:52 AM, THE DUKE said:

Baby Driver

I thought Baby Driver was just "okay" the first time around.  But recently rewatched it and...it was actually a lot better, and more clever than i think i caught the first time around.  Nails the formulaic "heist movie" sort of tone...but in a unique way.

• Like 1

Past Lives is so good. 

Beautiful cinematography. 

It's not really emotional, but will hit you hard if you're open to it. Great finish too. The walk into the final scene with Arthur and Nora is something 

"You dream in a language I don't understand" is such a beautifully eloquent way to really capture the very understandable fear / insecurity Arthur has that is being brought to the forefront from the situation. That whole scene is great. 

Love that Song really lets the camera linger on Nora and Hae Sung in moments when they are together. Greta Lee really has some nice, understated shots. Some strong linklater / "Before" vibes sometimes. 

No fake Hollywood drama. No unnecessary bad guys. 

• Like 1

Just went and saw Monkey Man

Was really disappointing. I don't know if it was the theater screen or the movie itself, but the picture was really dark and low quality. The accents were so thick in some points you could barely understand what was being said, and in some parts they'd add subtitles to help but in other parts they were nonexistent. 

The action wasn't bad, but the camera work was so shaky half the time you couldn't tell what was going on. The story wasn't great either. I almost fell asleep at some points in the movie and contemplated walking out altogether.