What movie are you watching?

Forge

Vertigo was great,  I believe I've seen it before, but it was ages ago so it was like watching it for the first time again.  James Stewart is a detective who is forced to retire, but an old friend of his hires him to follow his wife around.  JS falls in love with her.  When she dies, he finds another woman who resembles her and transforms her to become the wife he was paid to follow.  Great movie about obsession and manipulation.  One of Alfred Hitchcock's best  10/10

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid with the dynamic duo of Robert Redford and Paul Newman.  A couple of outlaws robbing banks and trains.  After a train robbery goes wrong, they(along with the woman they love) go to Bolivia, where they start robbing banks.  This movie as quite funny and very entertaining.  My mom doesn't watch a lot of movies, but she likes this one a lot.  Great movie, although I like The Sting a little more  10/10

Silent Night with Joel Kinnaman wasn't anything special.  Typical revenge movie where JKs young son is killed in gang crossfire, JK is shot in the throat so he can't speak.  Problem is, no one else speaks during the movie.  There's 3 lines of dialogue in the entire movie.  The action scenes are fine, nothing special.  And theres nothing to the characters.  They exist to(mainly) be killed.  Not horrible, but I was expecting more from director John Woo.  5/10

On 3/5/2024 at 5:19 PM, Bowler1215 said:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid with the dynamic duo of Robert Redford and Paul Newman.  A couple of outlaws robbing banks and trains.  After a train robbery goes wrong, they(along with the woman they love) go to Bolivia, where they start robbing banks.  This movie as quite funny and very entertaining.  My mom doesn't watch a lot of movies, but she likes this one a lot.  Great movie, although I like The Sting a little more  10/10

I tried to watch this over Christmas break and the costumes were so laughably bad that it destroyed any chance of me buying in. It was like they got dressed at a Boot Barn on their way to the set lol. 

Jaws 2

Or at least the real Jaws 2, which is Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which is the unofficial sequel 

People dont come to these movies for the sharks, they come for Richard Dreyfusses character Dr. Hooper

22 hours ago, Forge said:

I enjoyed the holdovers 

I enjoy anything with Paul Giamatti. Also, for that being the kid's first film acting job, he did better than 90% of modern film actors lol.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Only thing i remember is the trailer back in the day and it was hilarious

This one would probably be up your alley if for no other reason than watching an alien with white eyes say, “I come in peace,” 67 times right before he kills people he just told he came in peace to.

• Like 2

Just now, MacReady said:

This one would probably be up your alley if for no other reason than watching an alien with white eyes say, “I come in peace,” 67 times right before he kills people he just told he came in peace to.

Haha thats literally all i remember is that dude saying I come in peace

It was probably over 20 years ago too and i still remember