What movie are you watching?

Forge

10 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I still lmao every time i watch Austin Powers but i’m sure if my HS students watched it they wouldn’t crack a smile 😂

Comedy is so fleeting 

Fire your students.  imo.

• Like 2

The Changeling is one of the most underrated ghost movies ever made.

It’s dated I’ll admit, but you can see the influence it’s had on so many more modern horror movies.

The most significant of which is Insidious.

Tucker-and-Dale-Vs-Evil-Movie-poster-1-6

I wasn't expecting much, but as it turned out, I just finished watching what was one of the most enjoyable movies of it's genre I've seen in a long time.  Over the years, I have seen so many slasher movies that it takes a lot to make much of an impression on me anymore.  This movie's combination of old time gore mixed with comedy, and even a little romance, really made for a fun experience. 

• Like 5

On 2/14/2024 at 7:01 PM, MacReady said:

It’s dated I’ll admit, but you can see the influence it’s had on so many more modern horror movies.

It's a slow burn but the payoff is so worth it.   The scene with the staircase... so simple and yet psychologically terrifying after the buildup.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It's a slow burn but the payoff is so worth it.   The scene with the staircase... so simple and yet psychologically terrifying after the buildup.

And ever since I was 12 years old I’ve had a debilitating fear of animate furniture.

At 12 years old I started having a nightmare of an antique desk chair rolling after me in my garage. In the dream, I froze. Was unable to move. Had the dream off and on for weeks. Then my mom brought home the exact same chair. Her grandpa passed. The chair was his. I stepped into the garage and had a literal panic attack. Calf muscles turned to concrete. Couldn’t move.

So yeah. The Changeling terrified me.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 9:01 PM, MacReady said:

The most significant of which is Insidious.

I love this movie. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MacReady said:

I’m watching 65.

I don’t care how bad it is it has dinosaurs in it.

I would have watched this immediately on physical release if I didn’t hear such bad things about it.

It had a ton of issues, but I didn't hate it. I didn't particularly like it, but I didn't hate it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

It had a ton of issues, but I didn't hate it. I didn't particularly like it, but I didn't hate it.

Really thought I was going to be the one calling everyone else an idiot and that 65 is a super fun ride.

Everyone else was not an idiot.

The movie was completely tame and lame. With only two survivors, there was no real sense of danger. Either Adam Driver dies in a sacrifice or nobody dies. What even is the point of having a movie with dinosaurs if there's no threat of people getting eaten by them?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MacReady said:

Really thought I was going to be the one calling everyone else an idiot and that 65 is a super fun ride.

Everyone else was not an idiot.

The movie was completely tame and lame. With only two survivors, there was no real sense of danger. Either Adam Driver dies in a sacrifice or nobody dies. What even is the point of having a movie with dinosaurs if there's no threat of people getting eaten by them?

I love dinosaurs...but I've really yet to see a property do a true horror/dino flick and do it right. 

If these studios were smart, they'd adapt Dino Crisis or the novels of Jurassic Park, leave out the kids and don't target to kids, and make a tastefully gory, suspenseful, horror movie with dino's.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I love dinosaurs...but I've really yet to see a property do a true horror/dino flick and do it right. 

If these studios were smart, they'd adapt Dino Crisis or the novels of Jurassic Park, leave out the kids and don't target to kids, and make a tastefully gory, suspenseful, horror movie with dino's.

I loved the Carnosaur series as a kid. Kids would find a way to watch R-rated dinosaur movies just like I did then.

I would pay a thousand dollars to be able to be a kid again just to watch the Carnosaur movies again with the suspension of disbelief of a kid.