What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 1/29/2024 at 7:31 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Finished saltburn and well….

Looks like the most pretentious pile of putrid pretentious drivel I could possibly think of and I will never ever watch it and I look forward to 3 years from now when nobody is ever talking about it anymore because it’s a pretentious pile of drivel not worth viewing nor listening to nor even speaking about.

LA-Confidential-Featured.jpg

LA Confidential

What a ******* movie.  I've probably seen it 20 times at this point, and I love it every time.  Probably in my top 10 favorite movies of all time.  Stellar cast, terrific pacing, great story, and fantastic direction from Hansen.  If you have Netflix, do yourself a favor and watch it while it's still on there.  The start of Russell Crowe's legendary run over about a decade.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

LA-Confidential-Featured.jpg

LA Confidential

What a ******* movie.  I've probably seen it 20 times at this point, and I love it every time.  Probably in my top 10 favorite movies of all time.  Stellar cast, terrific pacing, great story, and fantastic direction from Hansen.  If you have Netflix, do yourself a favor and watch it while it's still on there.  The start of Russell Crowe's legendary run over about a decade.

That might be my favorite or #2 movie ever. I’ve probably seen it 10x.

finished watching the gran turismo movie. It turned out to be a very good movie. I didnt know it was based on a real life story. So going into it, I thought how the hell are they going to turn this video game into a movie. It was a great movie. I thought David Harbour and Archie Madekwe were good in it

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

finished watching the gran turismo movie. It turned out to be a very good movie. I didnt know it was based on a real life story. So going into it, I thought how the hell are they going to turn this video game into a movie. It was a great movie. I thought David Harbour and Archie Madekwe were good in it

Agreed it was better than I expected. Bloom looks pretty rough now.

watched all the oscar nominated movies that i hadn't seen over the past few days too. poor things, past lives and holdovers were my favorites. anatomy of a fall was great too; just really not the kind of movie i gear towards, but i enjoyed it. same with killers of the flower moon... i think i'll like that one more on rewatch; i was just feeling the length at some points and kinda losing focus honestly. oppenheimer was great for what it was; i just didn't care that much, so i was kinda whatever on it. american fiction was a little on the nose, but i had a decent time with it, it was fine. barbie was fun, crazy choice for a best picture nom though. maestro i watched super drunk and in a busy environment where nobody was really watching, so i need to rewatch, but the way it was shot and looked was fantastic. zone of interest i just kinda suffered through, not my thing at all... i get what it's doing and why a lot of people loved it; it's just not an interesting perspective that does anything for me personally... and i really like glazer. if i had to rank em 1) poor things 2) past lives 3) holdovers 4) anatomy of a fall 5) killers of the flower moon 6) oppenheimer 7) barbie 8.) american fiction 9) maestro (not really fair of me to really even include tbh) 10) zone of interest 

On 2/1/2024 at 6:58 PM, RuskieTitan said:

The Beekeeper, and I just witnessed the most ridiculous movie kill ever.

i walked out after like 30 minutes; but i did laugh when statham was defending himself against the murder accusations like "i was just bringing her a jar of honey" and the lady's like "what are you ****in' winnie the pooh". i didn't mind the how they were setting it up; it seemed kinda fun like it might be better than expected at least, but it quickly died out for me 

On 1/29/2024 at 7:12 PM, Ray Reed said:

I remember watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind about a decade or so ago and absolutely loving it and i’m considering a rewatch soon. Has anyone watched it recently and does it hold up?

yeah i watch it around once a year probably. always a nice comfort watch. kaufman's my favorite screenwriter and that's probably my 2nd favorite of his after synecdoche new york 

• Like 1

I enjoy Westerns, but I don't find them particularly rewatchable on the whole. I will say that one exception is 3:10 to Yuma. I don't rewatch it as much as other movies, but every few years I throw it on and I remember how good it is. 

Foster, Crowe and Bale are just awesome. Foster is evil as hell and this is one of my favorite Crowe roles. Logan Lerman one of the few kid / teenage actors who's not a complete dumpster fire. 

• Like 1

Lone Star has been on my list for so long that I decided to finally watch it.

It’s… Good. Really good, but it’s so damn boring I don’t know if I can justify calling it good.

I would literally never watch this movie again and I’m probably going to forget 90% of it within two years.