What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 1/22/2024 at 10:02 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Hacksaw Ridge was a great movie. Hate that it took me so long to watch it. 

It felt super long and propagandized to me tbh.  It was okay, made well, but there were constant little nudges that really took me out of it.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:02 AM, Fresh Prince said:

That main character sure starts off a creepy weirdo

Just turned it on now

Edited by Malfatron

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

It felt super long and propagandized to me tbh.  It was okay, made well, but there were constant little nudges that really took me out of it.

That didnt bother me at all, but the movie was really dull and paint by numbers plotting wise. I quit after the first hour.

EB20110331REVIEWS110339997AR.jpg

Source Code

It's been several years since I've watched this gem, and it probably ranks as my favorite Jake Gyllenhaal movie.  Love the premise, great execution from JG, really builds well upon itself story wise, top notch supporting cast, and does a great jobn manipulating your emotions.  Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys sci-fi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Source Code

It's been several years since I've watched this gem, and it probably ranks as my favorite Jake Gyllenhaal movie.  Love the premise, great execution from JG, really builds well upon itself story wise, top notch supporting cast, and does a great jobn manipulating your emotions.  Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys sci-fi.

I remember seeing this in the movie theater with a couple people including my then girlfriend now wife. I really enjoyed it, but I remember walking out and one of the dude's was like "well that absolutely sucked." Couldn't believe it. Thought it was a great movie too.

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Source Code

Pretty sure I liked the movie but didn't like the ending

On 1/22/2024 at 11:02 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Best war movie ever made. Only alternative I would objectively accept would be Saving Private Ryan.

On 1/24/2024 at 3:09 AM, Malfatron said:

That didnt bother me at all, but the movie was really dull and paint by numbers plotting wise. I quit after the first hour.

Maybe that's what initially set me off on the wrong foot with it.  The first hour, you're right in that i don't think anything at all actually happens.  Beyond setting the table for a very generic take on the war and America and wooo patriotism!

Then in the second hour...more nothing happens, but more war in the background.

But it's the other aspects that really just turned me from disinterested to mildly annoyed.  It just had zero apparent depth to the idea of "war" or "nationality" or really...anything.  It made pacificism weird and militaristic somehow.  Which makes no sense.  There were just so many layers of different propaganda interlaced throughout it, that by the end...i wasn't even clear on what sort of statement it was trying to make beyond, "War good and necessary and heroic" and "America #1".  Which seems...like kind of the opposite of what it should've been?

But whatever.  There are a lot of other good war movies that don't tread into such a weird limbo.

On 1/24/2024 at 6:08 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Tried to watch Chinatown but gave up about halfway through

From technical and acting standpoint is among the best ever made.

But nobody actually enjoys watching it and if they did they lied.

Real fart sniffer, that one.