What movie are you watching?

Forge

MV5BMTc1NTg0NjczMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjYz

The A-Team

I love it when a script comes together. Seriously fun movie and great chemistry amongst the four leads.  Sharlto Copley is hilarious and even Rampage holds his own with what he was given to work with.  Star of the show is Bradley Cooper though, no disrespect to Liam Neeson who is also good. I hadn't seen this in several years, but it was just as fun as I remembered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I watched this like 3 weeks ago. Love this movie. The cast camaraderie really comes through 

I can't believe I wrote 20+ years ago after that. Feels like yesterday I watched it for the first time tbh. One of my all-time faves.

• Like 1

30 Days of Night is one of the most disappointing movies ever.

The setup is great, setting is superb, characters are fine, pacing is great…

The vampires are so annoying though. All they do is droop their mouths open and tilt their heads from side to side and try to look intimidating but look more like fish.

Thanksgiving was ok.  A year after a Black Friday riot results in a couple deaths, a killer wearing a John Carver mask starts carving up people involved in that incident.  The kills are creative and bloody.  That's about all for the good.  I didn't care for the characters, even our final girl.  When she talks to a character, I knew that person would be the killer.  She also has an ex boyfriend and a new boyfriend, both are red herrings.  It's entertaining enough, but nothing special.  6/10

The Blackening was better then expected.  A group of black friends go to a cabin in the woods for a Juneteenth party when a masked killer shows up making them play games to live.  This movie seems to be what Scream would be like if every character was black.  There's meta/self referential parts of it.  The secondary killer was a cheat and the main killer became obvious after a scene.  But this movie was fun and entertaining.  The characters were fun even though I didn't really get to know them much.  Check this one out  7/10

Very few movies are LOL funny on a second viewing, but Step Brothers was Reilly and Ferrell on their A game. It’s not even funny, and everything about it is stupid, but those two just had such perfect comedic timing that it gets you loling every time.

7 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Very few movies are LOL funny on a second viewing, but Step Brothers was Reilly and Ferrell on their A game. It’s not even funny, and everything about it is stupid, but those two just had such perfect comedic timing that it gets you loling every time.

Hot take: Richard Jenkins was the best part of that movie

• Like 3

No Escape (1994) with Ray Liotta is a great 90’s B action movie. I hadn’t seen it since I was a kid, and I forgot most of it. For some reason, I thought the villain was played by Rutger Hauer, but he wasn’t even in it. It was Stuart Wilson, who was also the villain in Lethal Weapon 3. He, Lance Henriksen, and Ernie Hudson were all good in it, along with Liotta.

Edited by JohnChimpo