What movie are you watching?

Forge

19 hours ago, MacReady said:

I’m watching 65.

I don’t care how bad it is it has dinosaurs in it.

I would have watched this immediately on physical release if I didn’t hear such bad things about it.

Tried to watch it.  Fell asleep.  Woke up with about 20 minutes to go, my wife she was jealous that I slept because I missed nothing.

On 2/19/2024 at 9:32 PM, adamq said:

Oppenheimer was great. I didn't mind the long run time but that's only because we watched at home- I would have hated the experience in a theater. 

Just finished it. It was good. I wasn’t blown away by it and frankly a little surprised by the hype it got. Performances masked some of the issues. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Just finished it. It was good. I wasn’t blown away by it and frankly a little surprised by the hype it got. Performances masked some of the issues. 

IMO a lot of Nolan films get overhyped because it’s Nolan. I didn’t find movies like Interstellar or Dunkirk much better than average for their genre and people acted like they were all timers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

IMO a lot of Nolan films get overhyped because it’s Nolan. I didn’t find movies like Interstellar or Dunkirk much better than average for their genre and people acted like they were all timers.

Memento and The Prestige still my favorites of his by far

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Was watching Mississippi Burning last night on TCM. Remember watching it in American History in HS. Heavy film.

I also watched it in HS....I think a sociology class though 

On 2/18/2024 at 3:17 AM, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Tucker-and-Dale-Vs-Evil-Movie-poster-1-6

I wasn't expecting much, but as it turned out, I just finished watching what was one of the most enjoyable movies of it's genre I've seen in a long time.  Over the years, I have seen so many slasher movies that it takes a lot to make much of an impression on me anymore.  This movie's combination of old time gore mixed with comedy, and even a little romance, really made for a fun experience. 

This should be on a lot of people's watch lists.  It's a great film.  It's also not even the film you think it's going to be.  The acting is superb too, which is pretty rare in this sort of movie.

On 2/18/2024 at 7:33 PM, MacReady said:

I’m watching 65.

I don’t care how bad it is it has dinosaurs in it.

I would have watched this immediately on physical release if I didn’t hear such bad things about it.

This was on of those movies that was just a "yeah i watched it" for me.  I was entertained enough, but just barely.  And in the end, it was one of those filler movies that just takes up time.  But it was okay.

On 2/19/2024 at 10:00 AM, D82 said:

I love dinosaurs...but I've really yet to see a property do a true horror/dino flick and do it right. 

If these studios were smart, they'd adapt Dino Crisis or the novels of Jurassic Park, leave out the kids and don't target to kids, and make a tastefully gory, suspenseful, horror movie with dino's.

I think to do a real Dino Horror/Sci Fi flick truly right, you've gotta make it stupid and over the top almost.  Like Starship Troopers without the other great stuff, but make it with Dinosaurs and and make that the focus.  Just a bunch of soldiers getting ****ed up by Dinosaurs probably.

On 2/19/2024 at 7:32 PM, adamq said:

Oppenheimer was great. I didn't mind the long run time but that's only because we watched at home- I would have hated the experience in a theater. 

I'm almost kinda regretting not seeing Oppenheimer in theatre tbh.  Long run time doesn't offend me if it's great and compelling.  But i'm still not that offended i missed it in theatre because despite good reviews and from a lot of people i trust, i'm still super skeptical that i'm not going to roll my eyes out of my head at the treatment of the whole "Atomic Option" historically speaking.

On 2/24/2024 at 11:34 AM, Ray Reed said:

I loved Dunkirk.  It hit such a weird "null" through key parts of it that just felt perfectly representative of the situation.  Just put you in that headspace of, "wow...now what?  wtf do we do?"

Interstellar bored the heck out of me.  lol.

• Like 2

Barbie was  better than any sort of movie about Barbie should be, but just wasn't one that interested me from jump. One of those movies I watched because I felt like I should more so then because I wanted to. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Barbie was  better than any sort of movie about Barbie should be, but just wasn't one that interested me from jump. One of those movies I watched because I felt like I should more so then because I wanted to. 

First half was fun.  Second half just sorta degenerated into trying to make a point i think, but i'm still not sure what it was.  That's the best i can do on Barbie.  But yeah, your description also perfectly encapsulates things.  One of those movies you feel obligated to see just because of the hype and significance.  But not really all that great.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I haven't heard a single good thing about that movie.

It’s really not that good of a film. It just has a few scenes that are really over the top, that is giving it the buzz it needs.

The twist also is one of those that needs so many things lined up perfectly to work, which makes the plan in general so stupid that it actually worked.

Edited by Fresh Prince