What movie are you watching?

Forge

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Hot Take….Allen Quartermain> Indiana Jones

I’ll watch King Solomons Mines, over any of the Indy films any day.

Correct if you don’t count Raiders and Last Crusade.

I am THIS close to writing off everything else in the Indiana Jones universe.

Haven’t watched Dial of Destiny yet.

I’m too scared.

16 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Correct if you don’t count Raiders and Last Crusade.

I am THIS close to writing off everything else in the Indiana Jones universe.

Haven’t watched Dial of Destiny yet.

I’m too scared.

Last Crusade and Raider are BOTH in my top 15 favorite movies of all time, I didn't even bother with Dial of Destiny and nothing i've heard since has made me change my mind.

And Temple of Doom is Godfather level quality compared to the 4th one.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Last Crusade and Raider are BOTH in my top 15 favorite movies of all time, I didn't even bother with Dial of Destiny and nothing i've heard since has made me change my mind.

And Temple of Doom is Godfather level quality compared to the 4th one.

Temple of Doom is fine with two fixes:

1. Change the female character in every single solitary way.

2. Swap the Evil Indy bit with a dead Indy fakeout where Indiana falls down a pit and is presumed dead by Shortround so Shortround has his own escape attempt going while Indiana is fighting off deep dark depth horrors in order to make it back to the next level of the temple.

One would need a lot more time and paragraphs to fix #4.

17 hours ago, MacReady said:

Temple of Doom is fine with two fixes:

1. Change the female character in every single solitary way.

2. Swap the Evil Indy bit with a dead Indy fakeout where Indiana falls down a pit and is presumed dead by Shortround so Shortround has his own escape attempt going while Indiana is fighting off deep dark depth horrors in order to make it back to the next level of the temple.

One would need a lot more time and paragraphs to fix #4.

Man, I hated on Temple of Doom for so long.  And I was wrong.  It is fine.  It's actually pretty good.  It just wasn't the first one, and to be fair, the first one was just one of the best movies ever.  It was tough to live up to.  Then Last Crusade came along and it was right up there with Raiders.  Being bookended by those two was always going to make TOD bad by comparison.

Then Crystal Skulls came out....vaulted TOD back up to it's rightful place as a "fine" or "good" Jones movie.

Dial of Destiny?  Much better than Skulls.  It was actually okay.  Tons better than Skulls.  But behind TOD by a long shot.

Long way of me saying that the two excellent movies really make TOD look worse than it really was.  Then the last two make it look better.

Edited by vegas492

Godzilla X Kong New Empire....

Fun movie.  Turn your brain off and get ready for some really nice action and sound.

Everyone trying to figure out why Gozilla is leveling up....

Kong finds his "family" and gets a new weapon (and tooth).

Human story was left to a minimum, though the Iwi child comes into her own and it makes sense.

Throw in an Angry Scar King and a few other Titans and it was a fun show.

The Godzilla close in Rome was really funny.

Now...it is worth the ticket price, just turn your brain off and have some fun.

Now...I saw it on Saturday in a very large theatre.  It was full.  And I was very happy.  We keep buying tickets, they keep making these things.

• Like 1

Watched the first 3 expendables films over the weekend.

First one was a solid entry, but the villain was fond of lame.

Second one is easily the best, but the JCVD-Stallone fight was a let down. He did his famous spin kick twice but other than that got his butt kicked. Wasted a chance to see him fight against chuck Norris. 

Third was definitely the worst, and the change to PG13 definitely hurt. Also suffered from poor choices in the new cast. Mel was a good villian tho.

• Like 1

Absolutely an amazing film!  Sure at times the graphics are not great but it was made it freaking 1956 and considering that some of it was wildly impressive.  The parting of the red sea was pretty damn solid considering....

Awesome film!  PS Yul Brynner as Rameses is easily one of the best played villains of all time, Yul is the man and that is probably the best performance of his career.  Edward G. Robinson was awesome as well playing Dathan damn good as well!

Frailty is very underrated.  I've seen it 3 times(maybe 4) it's a great back and forth between whether Bill Paxton's character was told by God to destroy demons or if he's lost it and is flat out murdering people.  You catch more things on multiple viewings.  One of the best twist endings ever.  This gets my rare infinity/10 rating.

Naked Gun 33 1/3 just more goofiness that you'd expect in this franchise.  Lots of sight gags, one liners, etc.  It's the weakest of the trilogy but it's still a fun watch.  7/10

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Watched the first 3 expendables films over the weekend.

First one was a solid entry, but the villain was fond of lame.

Second one is easily the best, but the JCVD-Stallone fight was a let down. He did his famous spin kick twice but other than that got his butt kicked. Wasted a chance to see him fight against chuck Norris. 

Third was definitely the worst, and the change to PG13 definitely hurt. Also suffered from poor choices in the new cast. Mel was a good villian tho.

The 4th was crap.  Makes the third look like an all time classic.