What movie are you watching?

Forge

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

I go back and watch it every couple of years. 

Unhinged performance by Travolta. Absolutely love it. His line delivery in some instances is just off the reservation lol

Yeah i agree, its a fun movie

I went into it blind in the theater and didnt see the john travolta heel turn coming

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Favorite tarantino movies:

1. Inglorious Basterds

2. Django Unchained

3. Jackie Brown

4. Hateful Eight

5. Kill Bill 1

6. Death Proof

7. Reservoir Dogs

8. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

9. Kill Bill 2

10. Pulp Fiction

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Pulp Fiction so low in someone’s rankings. It’s number 1 for me. I couldn’t get into Hateful Eight. It’s the only movie of his I haven’t watched all the way through.

19 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Pulp Fiction so low in someone’s rankings. It’s number 1 for me. I couldn’t get into Hateful Eight. It’s the only movie of his I haven’t watched all the way through.

I liked it at the time, but i definitely would not want to rewatch

My Tarantino rankings

1. Pulp Fiction
  2. Kill Bill Vol 1
  3. Reservoir Dogs
  4. Kill Bill Vol 2
  5. Inglorious Basterds
  6. Django Unchained
  7. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
  8. The Hateful Eight
  9. Jackie Brown

Have never seen Death Proof.  I'll get around to it some day.  Love 1-4, like 5-7, didn't care much for 8-9

Any Tarantino list that doesn’t have Basterds at number one… That is one out of 30-35 flawless movies ever made.

9. Kill Bill 1

8. Kill Bill 2. King Fu is one genre I’ve never appreciated much. Just pull a gun out and shoot them. This is also why I loved The Last Samurai. It addresses this and showed the end of the sword. 

7. Reservoir Dogs just doesn’t age well for me.

6. Jackie Brown.

5. Death Proof. I hated this one at first, but Kurt Russell Elevates it.

4. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is arguably his best movie, but it’s too long and… Just missing something.

3. Pulp Fiction

2. Django Unchained (would be a 10/10 if not for the last two minutes)

1. Inglourious Basterds.

33 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Return of the jedi

When carrie fisher offered the ewok a coke rock and said you are a jittery little thing

And is it canon that Hutts are force resistant? 

Han solo is exposition man, translating the ewoks and chewie

Clerks 3 is just a closing love letter from Kevin Smith to the people (both real and fictional) that helped change his life, and that's okay. Yes, it's over sentimental and saccharine but I wouldn't expect any different, tbh

• Like 2

Pearl a prequel to X from a couple years ago focusing on the character Pearl.  This is her story growing up in 1918 with an overbearing mother, and her father who is a vegetable confined to a wheelchair and she has to do practically everything for him.  She dreams of being a dancer in movies, but her mother wants her at home to do chores and take care of her father.  At first, Pearl is a sympathetic character, someone you can identify with.  When she starts killing people, you're either with her through her journey or you're not.  I wasn't.  I will say Mia Goth was great in this.  She has a monologue that's nearly 8 minutes towards the end of the film that's great.  Good first half, then falls off the cliff for me.  3/10

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves was a fun silly adventure, nothing more.  Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez are good in this.  A group of thieves go on a quest to get lost relic but things get dangerous when they run afoul of the wrong people.  The action scenes are good, although not very memorable.  The scene where they talk to dead people and ask 5 questions is one of the funniest in the movie.  I never played the game so I don't know how faithful the movie is to the game.  I had a good time with this.  7/10

Shazam! Fury of the Gods was mediocre.  The first one was good, was funny and had heart.  This one has some humor, the family aspect fells like an afterthought compared to the first.  You won't hate yourself for watching it, but it's nothing to go out of your way to see either.  6/10