What movie are you watching?

Forge

The Mother on Netflix is average.  Jennifer Lopez starts as an assassin who has a baby girl.  Because of her job, her daughter would be in jeopardy so she has to give her up.  12 years later, a villain(thought to be dead but disappeared) returns to go after the daughter and J Lo.  Nothing new here.  The action we've all seen before, nothing stands out as a solid action scene.  The middle of the movie where J Lo and her daughter meet feels like stuff we've all seen and heard before.  Even the main villain was generic, nothing to him.  I was never bored by the movie, but it did feel very connect the dots.  File this under 'something to watch if you have nothing else to do'   5/10

Big from 1988.  A 12 year old boy wishes we was big, and his wish is granted.  Waking up the next day he discovers he's a man in his 30s played brilliantly by Tom Hanks.  He gets a job at a toy company where he plays with toys.  His best friend is amazed by what's going on.  Josh(Hanks character) even finds a girlfriend(although his character is 13 so that does make it creepy)  Lots of laughs, heart and a number of great scenes, especially where he and his boss are on the giant piano, iconic scene.  Big, like E.T. and Back to the Future is one of those movies where once you see it you can enjoy it at any age.  A must see again and again.  10/10

• Like 1

Did a rewatch of War of the Worlds (2005) since I probably haven't seen it since around when it came out. I feel like I've read it's gotten a 2nd life of positivity the last decade, but maybe I am misremembering.

I still didn't like it. And the CGI is pretty poor.

Jeez... can't believe I forgot to mention this one.

Air was fantastic. It wasn't slogged down thankfully as an under 2 hour movie focusing on the ins and outs. Chris Tucker was a scene stealer (shocker), and the movie had crisp writing and Affleck was good in his direction. The actor that played David Falk (Chris Messina), absolutely killed it though. Incredible casting there. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Jeez... can't believe I forgot to mention this one.

Air was fantastic. It wasn't slogged down thankfully as an under 2 hour movie focusing on the ins and outs. Chris Tucker was a scene stealer (shocker), and the movie had crisp writing and Affleck was good in his direction. The actor that played David Falk (Chris Messina), absolutely killed it though. Incredible casting there. 

Agreed, thought this was a movie that didn’t need to be made. But I enjoyed it a lot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MacReady said:

Otto flipping out over 33 cents instantly makes his character irredeemable in A Man Called Otto and we’re less than five minutes in.

Pick your ******* battles, Otto. No battle is worth fighting over 33 ******* cents.

Otto shares your combative spirit though 

7 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Otto shares your combative spirit though 

Yes, he does. He reminds me a lot of myself minus the actually helping people instead of telling them to figure it out.

I still choose my battles though, and I never give service industry workers any **** whatsoever.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Watched Devotion the other night. This movie has an 81% on RT? How? None of the characters are interesting. There's barely a cohesive story being told. It was so slow-paced and the action sequences were pretty average as well.

Rotten Tomatoes doesn’t judge movies based on whether or not they’re good movies, and if you keep checking RT you’re in for a bad time watching movies.

Rotten Tomatoes is 100% political. It is not judging movies based on their merit.

You doubt me? Compare Devotion’s score to Hacksaw Ridge’s score.

IMDb is the only option for judging how good a movie is. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Rotten Tomatoes doesn’t judge movies based on whether or not they’re good movies, and if you keep checking RT you’re in for a bad time watching movies.

Rotten Tomatoes is 100% political. It is not judging movies based on their merit.

How do they both have over 80% on RT?! also I thought what I was looking at was the audience score lol

Either way, both movies were bad.

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

100%.

Same reason Dave Chappelles comedy specials have insanely low RT score but user scores are in the 90s.   There are tons of examples of this.

Thats why I get opinions of normal people and reviewers like Chris Stuckmann, Jeremy Jahns, etc...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Anyone see Blackberry yet? I'm dying to see it, but you've gotta be very selective with your date nights when you have a kid.

I haven't seen it, but everything I'm hearing about it is positive, so that's good. 

• Like 1