What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 4/29/2023 at 10:10 PM, MacReady said:

The Quick and the Dead is the weirdest western there is. It’s just so ****ing weird. It feels like a 12 year old played Mortal Kombat, read a Playboy magazine and watched the stand-off scene in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and wrote the script the same night after pounding down 5 Surge sodas.

Russell Crowe, Gene Hackman, Keith David, Gary Sinise, Leonardo DiCaprio and so ******* weird.

This is probably why I liked it so much when I first saw it around age 10-11.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

In general, I agree. There have been so many questionable remakes. Of course, there are some exceptions. I have never seen the original Ocean’s 11, but I really like the remake.

yeah, I agree

I am mainly talking about the 80's and 90's movies they are remaking already.

Robocop, Footloose, Point Break and Ghostbusters.. I didn't watch any of them but haven't heard a good thing about any of them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

yeah, I agree

I am mainly talking about the 80's and 90's movies they are remaking already.

Robocop, Footloose, Point Break and Ghostbusters.. I didn't watch any of them but haven't heard a good thing about any of them. 

Yeah the only one of those I saw was Ghostbusters, and I wasn’t a fan. I liked Afterlife, but it was more of a sequel. 

Rewatched Guardians of the Galaxy as a memory refresher before seeing Vol. 3 (also plan on doing the same with Vol. 2 sometime before then), other than No Way Home, Infinity War and Endgame, is there a better MCU movie than this one? Everything clicks perfectly with this movie, a lot of people like to rip the MCU as quirk-laden cheesefests, but this movie had the perfect blend of camp and serious with great chemistry and development between each of the Guardians and a hell of an end battle. It was also this movie where I'd come to find Big Dave is easily the best wrestler-turned-actor and a hell of an actor in his own right. 

Seriously, he nailed that role. And he really shows off his versatility in Vol. 2.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 2

Riders of Justice is probably my favorite non-horror, non-sci fi movie made since I don’t know when…

2001. Since 2001. It’s my favorite non-horror, non-war, non-sci fi since The Royal Tenenbaums.

Edited by MacReady

Just finished The Batman and it’s complete dog water. Theres no way that’s the type of Batman movie people want. The casting was terrible, the story was terrible. The ending was gross too when they were in the convention center and all the bad guys followers showed up. And the villain that showed up at the end? How the eff can you go down that route? What a terrible effing decision. 

13 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Just finished The Batman and it’s complete dog water. Theres no way that’s the type of Batman movie people want. The casting was terrible, the story was terrible. The ending was gross too when they were in the convention center and all the bad guys followers showed up. And the villain that showed up at the end? How the eff can you go down that route? What a terrible effing decision. 

Yeah i couldnt finish it.

I think i made it a half hour

12 hours ago, Sad People said:

Wut