What movie are you watching?

Forge

Scream needs to die now. I’m watching 5 or 6 or whichever was the last one and yeah, they’re all good. None of them have felt like a cash grab. But it’s time. This needs to be a once every decade examination, not multiple outings per decade.

The slasher genre doesn’t even exist anymore as the original knew it.

A Man Called Otto was great.  Tom Hanks was great as always as a man who tells it like it is and has a knack for fixing everything.  He lives alone and pretty much wants to be alone.  A new neighbor shows up and challenges him to be a better man.  Funny at times, including a couple LOL moments, dramatic at others, and even sad, especially with the numerous suicide attempts.  That being said, this is probably the best movie I've seen this year so far.  I highly recommend it.  10/10

On 5/6/2023 at 7:24 PM, MacReady said:

Scream needs to die now. I’m watching 5 or 6 or whichever was the last one and yeah, they’re all good. None of them have felt like a cash grab. But it’s time. This needs to be a once every decade examination, not multiple outings per decade.

The slasher genre doesn’t even exist anymore as the original knew it.

It's fine. Watched 6 yesterday. The franchise does a good job of putting up decent movies. I don't care for the once every 18 months thing... Would prefer them like every three to 3.5 years

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's fine. Watched 6 yesterday. The franchise does a good job of putting up decent movies. I don't care for the once every 18 months thing... Would prefer them like every three to 3.5 years

Yeah im gonna watch it and wont expect much around the typical B movie fare

I bet i will like it

Its like Final Destination movies

Midnight Cowboy is the type of movie where if you’ve seen ten minutes of it plus the last ten minutes you’ve basically seen it.

I watched it just to be official. I shouldn’t have. It’s a pointless excursion into futility. Some strong acting performances, but ain’t no damn body likes this movie outside of a technical or talent standpoint.

The song is pretty good though.

If I put my pretentious fart sniffing film snob hat on, I’d probably give it an 8/10. I lost that hat years ago. This movie is a 5/10 based on any metric that matters.

10 hours ago, MacReady said:

Midnight Cowboy is the type of movie where if you’ve seen ten minutes of it plus the last ten minutes you’ve basically seen it.

I watched it just to be official. I shouldn’t have. It’s a pointless excursion into futility. Some strong acting performances, but ain’t no damn body likes this movie outside of a technical or talent standpoint.

The song is pretty good though.

If I put my pretentious fart sniffing film snob hat on, I’d probably give it an 8/10. I lost that hat years ago. This movie is a 5/10 based on any metric that matters.

South Park Thumbs Up GIF

just for the fart sniffing 

• Like 1