What movie are you watching?

Forge

8 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I had flat out refused to watch Road House for close to 35 years.

I finally gave in and watched it.

I should have made it another 35 years.

And then another 35.

And then not be buried anywhere within 5 miles of anyone watching it.

A completely worthless story of a yoga hippie stopping drunk morons from being drunker morons.

Sam Elliot makes an appearance though.

I still havent watched it

• Like 3

The Quick and the Dead is the weirdest western there is. It’s just so ****ing weird. It feels like a 12 year old played Mortal Kombat, read a Playboy magazine and watched the stand-off scene in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and wrote the script the same night after pounding down 5 Surge sodas.

Russell Crowe, Gene Hackman, Keith David, Gary Sinise, Leonardo DiCaprio and so ******* weird.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:33 PM, MacReady said:

And then another 35.

A completely worthless story of a yoga hippie stopping drunk morons from being drunker morons.

Legit had a chance to watch that a few hours ago and decided to go with something else.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:33 PM, MacReady said:

And then another 35.

I thought I couldn't hate you more. I've found out that I can.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MacReady said:

The Quick and the Dead is the weirdest western there is. It’s just so ****ing weird. It feels like a 12 year old played Mortal Kombat, read a Playboy magazine and watched the stand-off scene in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and wrote the script the same night after pounding down 5 Surge sodas.

Russell Crowe, Gene Hackman, Keith David, Gary Sinise, Leonardo DiCaprio and so ******* weird.

Yeah I watched it for the first time a few months ago and hated it.

Never Back Down, for some reason I just love this movie. Also helps it had a young beautiful Amber Heard.

Champions was surprisingly better than I expected.  The general story is familiar: a  minor league basketball coach loses his job, crashed into a cop car and is order to do community service.  He has to coach basketball to young adults with learning disorders.  At first, they suck but through out the movie, they learn to play together and have a good team dynamic.  While the story is familiar, and you can predict pretty much everything, there's quite a bit of humor throughout the movie, and there's some heart to it.  I'd watch this again.  7/10

Had never watched Red Dawn all the way through. Always meant to, but was never in the mood for what I thought was basically an 80’s teenager movie with guns. Got pretty dark pretty fast, which I wasn’t expecting. Not bad, would watch again.

I added it to my list of movies to buy, but I already had it. So that was nice.

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I thought I couldn't hate you more. I've found out that I can.

Point Break is a good movie. Road House is not. I lol’d multiple times at how cheesy it was. It should have stayed in the 80’s.

11 hours ago, MacReady said:

Had never watched Red Dawn all the way through. Always meant to, but was never in the mood for what I thought was basically an 80’s teenager movie with guns. Got pretty dark pretty fast, which I wasn’t expecting. Not bad, would watch again.

I added it to my list of movies to buy, but I already had it. So that was nice.

Don’t watch the remake 

I finally got around to watching Blade. I was really liking it until I turned it off to get my son to bed last night with 10 minutes to go. I woke up this morning to try to finish it before work and realized it was removed from HBO Max. I gotta find somewhere else to stream it for free. I’m not paying to watch 10 minutes of a movie.