What movie are you watching?

Forge

Bodies Bodies Bodies Had a good idea: a group of 20 somethings have a party during a hurricane.  They play a murder mystery game that turns real.  The twist of what was really going on was kinda neat.  The characters were all insufferable.  I didn't care about any of them, which means I don't care what happens to them.  The way the one kid dies was funny.  3/10

Poker Face starring and directed by Russell Crowe was pretty horrible as well.  Crowe is a tech billionaire who brings his childhood friends over for a high stakes poker game where secrets are revealed and a group of thieves break in.  You only know Crowe's character.  When everyone else reveals their secret it has a 'comes from left field' feeling.  One guy wants to kill himself, another is having an affair with Crowe's wife and is being blackmailed(the thieves subplot)   This movie has little poker action in it.  Crowe's directing was better than the actual movie.   2/10

Favorite Tim Burton movies(and only ones i like)

1. Beetlejuice

2. Edward Scissordhands

3. Ed Wood

4. Big Fish

5. Batman

6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the original is far superior, but im glad they didnt try to dupe the inimitatable gene wilder)

Worst tim burton movies

1. Alice in Wonderland

2. Batman Returns

3. Nightmare before Christmas (only good thing was the song Making Christmas)

Didnt see the rest

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Beetlejuice has the most bizzare story structure and im here for it

The most memorable and lasting movies eschew normal story structure and rigid character arcs.

The hero's journey is for conformist *******. The three act structure is for kids who couldn't get the triangle into the triangle slot as infants and want to show off now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

1. Beetlejuice

2. Edward Scissordhands

3. Ed Wood

4. Big Fish

5. Batman

6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the original is far superior, but im glad they didnt try to dupe the inimitatable gene wilder)

Worst tim burton movies

1. Alice in Wonderland

2. Batman Returns

Didnt see the rest

great list.. and all are great

Beetlejuice, Edward Scissordhands and Batman are the top three to me and interchangeable.

Big eyes is pretty good too

• Like 1

Scream 6 was good.  Awesome opening, 4 or 5 scenes of solid suspense/tension.   Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega are both good in this.  A few solid kills as well.  A few negatives: some characters get shot, stabbed, etc. and act like nothing happened,  at least two characters are stabbed multiple times and both survive.  Not only did I know who the killers were early on, but I knew the motive.  That being said, it's better than Scream 3.  I'll watch this again.  7/10 

On 4/25/2023 at 1:35 AM, Malfatron said:

1. Beetlejuice

2. Edward Scissordhands

3. Ed Wood

4. Big Fish

5. Batman

Worst tim burton movies

1. Alice in Wonderland

2. Batman Returns

Didnt see the rest

1. ed wood
2. ed scissorhands
3. batman returns (my favorite batman aesthetic/camp level tbh) 
4. big fish
5. batman
6. charlie and the chocolate factory

are the only ones i remember and can recall. i saw beetlejuice, planet of the apes, sweeny todd and mars attacks but just don't really remember enough to rank them. i think the first four i ranked are actually like "good movies". 

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Well now i dont know what to believe

It is one of the weaker entries in the series.  I like the series in general, I just wish they'd stop making the killers too damn obvious.  Give it a shot, see if you like it or not. 

I had flat out refused to watch Road House for close to 35 years.

I finally gave in and watched it.

I should have made it another 35 years.

And then another 35.

And then not be buried anywhere within 5 miles of anyone watching it.

A completely worthless story of a yoga hippie stopping drunk morons from being drunker morons.

Sam Elliot makes an appearance though.