What movie are you watching?

Forge

17 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Three was ok, strange they decided to add more comedy aspects to it.

Kevin Williamson didn't write 3 and the writer that he gave notes to completely ignored them. That's why it's such an outlier to the others. Plus, the whole Angelina thing and deciding not to make her a killer after shooting the damn movie just makes the entire movie a mess.

21 hours ago, Forge said:

Guy Ritchie movies can be a lot of fun. Just watched the gentlemen and really enjoyed it

When I think Guy Ritchie, it's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and RocknRolla. Nothing will top those two movies IRT Ritchie for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

In Bruges is way funnier than a good chunk of "comedies" I watch. Just a great flick. Got inspired to watch it again after listening to one of my podcasts

The entire see you next Tuesday kids exchange just tops the majority of any comedy movie nowadays. That or the "you're an inanimate ******* object" exchange. Basically anything with Ralph Fiennes was just gold.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Forge said:

In Bruges is way funnier than a good chunk of "comedies" I watch. Just a great flick. Got inspired to watch it again after listening to one of my podcasts

Hell yeah.

I tend to prefer other genre with comedic elements rather than straight up comedies

In Bruges one of the best

Never seen all the Friday the 13th movies so I figured I’d watch them all. Starting the first one now.

always took the Friday series to be the worst compared to some other iconic Villians.

Myers, Freddy, Chucky, LeatherFace all have better movies IMO

Edited by Fresh Prince

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

When I think Guy Ritchie, it's Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and RocknRolla. Nothing will top those two movies IRT Ritchie for me.

Lock, stock... will probably always be my favorite

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The entire see you next Tuesday kids exchange just tops the majority of any comedy movie nowadays. That or the "you're an inanimate ******* object" exchange. Basically anything with Ralph Fiennes was just gold.

The "you're an inanimate object" had me laughing for a while because that is me. I say versions of that to the GF all the time 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Never seen all the Friday the 13th movies so I figured I’d watch them all. Starting the first one now.

Part IV- The Final Chapter with Corey Feldman as Tommy is the best one by far imo.  Crispin Glover with a pre-Back to the Future role as one of the camp victims too. 

Part V- A New Beginning - where Tommy is older and completely certifiable is a lot of fun too (altho the twist is ehh). 

Just got out of Dungeons and Dragons, and man that was honestly fantastic. Whole cast did great. Hugh Grant is incredibly unlikeable, but luckily that works here. Humor was great, action was a plus, and there were a ton of great things big and small that made it really feel like D&D.

• Like 3

John Wick 4 was awesome.  Good new characters like Caine and the Tracker(and his dog)  Lots of great insane action.  The one at the Arc De Triomphe was easily the best, although all the action was great.  It's nearly 3 hours, it didn't feel like it.  First movie I've seen in the theater in 3 1/2 years due to the pandemic, I made a solid choice.  8/10

Watched 2 movies today with my girlfriend:

1. I See You on Netflix - actually pretty solid movie with a great twist. Not really a horror/scary movie, it's more of a thriller at the start until about midway through then it's just a drama(?) for the rest of the way but still really good. 8/10
  2. Eli on Netflix - This movie starts off as a horror movie but the only way I can describe the ending is that it goes from horror to comedy because my girlfriend and I were just sitting there laughing at what we were witnessing. It was pretty awful. 4/10 after about the 33% mark of the movie.