What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Tyler Black, Brewers prospect and I went to Wright State back with Joe Smith.

Smith was a few years older than me and thankfully didn’t pitch against us when we played him. I still keep in touch with some WSU guys/coaches. I decided not to transfer there because I wanted to play as opposed to sitting the bench…although I did get my masters there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Smith was a few years older than me and thankfully didn’t pitch against us when we played him. I still keep in touch with some WSU guys/coaches. I decided not to transfer there because I wanted to play as opposed to sitting the bench…although I did get my masters there.

Yeah, Joe's a few years older than me as well. I worked for the SID so I was always around the guys. Which dudes do you know? You know Willy? J-Ham? 

EDIT - Wait...no. You totally know Kopilnuts lol.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, Joe's a few years older than me as well. I worked for the SID so I was always around the guys. Which dudes do you know? You know Willy? J-Ham?

J-Ham was an urban legend in college. Ross Vagades married a classmate of mine, Brian Shoul, Dan Biedenharn and Danny Barker played with me (summer/fall club team) and against me in HS, Coach Metzger is a good dude. Played against Nate Stevens and Greg Robinson as well as Sam Moat, the latter two of whom (Moat and Robinson) had no business plying there IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

J-Ham was an urban legend in college. Ross Vagades married a classmate of mine, Brian Shoul, Dan Biedenharn and Danny Barker played with me (summer/fall club team) and against me in HS, Coach Metzger is a good dude. Played against Nate Stevens and Greg Robinson as well as Sam Moat, the latter two of whom (Moat and Robinson) had no business plying there IMO.

Hahahahahahaha, I worked with Moat at Cardboard Heroes. He was such a clown.

J-Ham was awesome. He had his own walk-up music because, I believe, his brother was in the music business. "J! J! J-HAM!" Been stuck in my head for 17 years lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hahahahahahaha, I worked with Moat at Cardboard Heroes. He was such a clown.

Total 🤡 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

J-Ham was awesome. He had his own walk-up music because, I believe, his brother was in the music business. "J! J! J-HAM!" Been stuck in my head for 17 years lol.

I watched him hit a ball every bit of 500 feet foul onto the tennis courts. I still think it was fair and went around the pole but impossible to say for certain.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I watched him hit a ball every bit of 500 feet foul onto the tennis courts. I still think it was fair and went around the pole but impossible to say for certain.

I went back and looked at some of our HR totals from those teams and it shocked me that J-Ham never hit double digit HRs and we rarely had dudes who did. I know Shoup and Kopilchack did. That 2006 team only hit 38 total and none of them had double digit HRs. They hit .291 as a team tho. I just remember them being a station-to-station clutch hitting team and then Joe coming down to close the show.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I went back and looked at some of our HR totals from those teams and it shocked me that J-Ham never hit double digit HRs and we rarely had dudes who did. I know Shoup and Kopilchack did. That 2006 team only hit 38 total and none of them had double digit HRs. They hit .291 as a team tho. I just remember them being a station-to-station clutch hitting team and then Joe coming down to close the show.

I was about to cut you off at the “Shoup did!” pass 😂.

Yeah if I recall, Mercer was a really short Middle IF Horizon POY guy with crazy speed. Biedenharn was a great 2 hole type and then Vagedas was a 5-7 hole dude in RF. Just 0 holes on the roster…the pitching staff was good when Stevens was a dude and Barker never panned out at OSU but was super talented, just never had his head screwed on straight enough to tap into that potential.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah if I recall, Mercer was a really short Middle IF Horizon POY guy with crazy speed. Biedenharn was a great 2 hole type and then Vagedas was a 5-7 hole dude in RF. Just 0 holes on the roster…the pitching staff was good when Stevens was a dude and Barker never panned out at OSU but was super talented, just never had his head screwed on straight enough to tap into that potential.

If Eric Sogard knew how to recruit any type of pitching, the current version of Wright State would be a Super Regional contender. They've gotten close a few times and should've friggin' beaten Tennessee a few years ago but our pitching is just god awful when we play non-Horizon League teams.

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If Eric Sogard knew how to recruit any type of pitching, the current version of Wright State would be a Super Regional contender. They've gotten close a few times and should've friggin' beaten Tennessee a few years ago but our pitching is just god awful when we play non-Horizon League teams.

We’ve had a few guys who were highly skilled and touted mentally fold and quit school over the past 7 years. One guy transferred from Virginia on that dominant team and then quit school. Unfortunately when you’re WSU, those are things you can’t overcome a lot of times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Speaking of WSU homers, Andrew Patrick just set the school record with 17!

• Like 1