What movie are you watching?

Forge

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How do they both have over 80% on RT?! also I thought what I was looking at was the audience score lol

Either way, both movies were bad.

Lol. I feel legitimately sorry for you if you feel like Hacksaw Ridge is anywhere near Devotion.

I don’t care what you say about Mel Gibson the person, but that man is a top 20 living director, and Hacksaw Ridge is the best war movie since Saving Private Ryan if not better.

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

Lol. I feel legitimately sorry for you if you feel like Hacksaw Ridge is anywhere near Devotion.

I don’t care what you say about Mel Gibson the person, but that man is a top 20 living director, and Hacksaw Ridge is the best war movie since Saving Private Ryan if not better.

Maybe I just have a hot take then but I thought it was a pretty bad movie, despite the action scenes being pretty brutal (and rightfully so).

Wife and I went to Guardians of the Galaxy 3 the other night.

I've always liked those movies....but never really loved them.  Until this one.  Might be the best movie that Marvel has ever made. 

They didn't take the easy way out on any of the characters.  Rocket's story was very, very good.  Heart tugging moments.

Only thing it didn't have was the amazing villain.  And....I missed a few of the jokes/new stuff because I do not have Disney Plus and didn't see that Holiday special.

Just loved the telekinetic dog/cosmonaut!!!

And again, no spoilers, no character got the easy way out of a franchise.  All were developed greatly and I swear that the character arc from Nebula could be the best one in that whole franchise...except for Tony.

• Like 1

Also, not sure if it was discussed on here, but we saw "The Pope's Exorcist" a few weeks ago.

And it too was very, very good.  Based on events from the real Pope's Exorcist, Father Gabriel Amorth.

Which made it even more freaky.  They make reference to books that he wrote about what he witnessed.  Probably going to have to buy them.

And...they could make more of these movies.  Russell Crowe was pretty great in the lead.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Hacksaw Ridge is one of those movies that felt like they were made by a church 

It was made by the most devout Catholic in Hollywood. WTF did you expect?

It was also based on a true story, a story so true they literally removed things he did because they didn’t seem believable enough to be in a movie.

I don’t care if that dude was a Scientologist or a Pastafarian or what… He was a BAMF and that movie is still the best war movie made since at least Saving Private Ryan. Don’t you ****ing knock that movie. Don’t you dare.

Anyway,

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves had one of the worst marketing campaigns I can remember. The trailer made it look like they tried to copy Thor: Ragnarok in every single way except in a sword and sorcery setting.

So far it’s solid. Not fantastic, but a fun ride and highly rewatchable.

They even somehow managed to channel Michelle Rodriguez being Michelle Rodriguez into a tolerable character. Chris Pine is an A+ support character, C- lead, but he’s good in this.

The IQ maximum to enjoy a Seth McFarlane film or television series is 87.

After years of swearing Ted was not worth watching and wasn’t going to be remotely funny, I finally decided to stop trusting my instinct and I came to the conclusion that Ted is not worth watching and isn’t remotely funny.

It never ceases to amaze me how someone as unfunny and uncreative as McFarlane can get so many people to laugh at his pubescent humor.

7 minutes ago, MacReady said:

The IQ maximum to enjoy a Seth McFarlane film or television series is 87.

After years of swearing Ted was not worth watching and wasn’t going to be remotely funny, I finally decided to stop trusting my instinct and I came to the conclusion that Ted is not worth watching and isn’t remotely funny.

It never ceases to amaze me how someone as unfunny and uncreative as McFarlane can get so many people to laugh at his pubescent humor.

"They're gonna use the ******* ice" is still an elite line. Probably his best situationally