What movie are you watching?

Forge

Born on the 4th of July is a really boring movie with very serious subject matter, but it’s also the movie where Tom Cruise yells to his mom about his penis and his mom yells back that he can’t say penis in her house and then Tom Cruise yells penis two or three more times.

Okay for real. This movie is full of so many unintentionally funny moments that I don’t know if I’m just a sick ******* or a REALLY sick *******, but the scene with Tom Cruise and Willem Defoe yelling “**** you” at each other and then spitting in each other’s faces multiple times had me laughing.

I know I shouldn’t have laughed, but… I did.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Born on the 4th of July is a really boring movie with very serious subject matter, but it’s also the movie where Tom Cruise yells to his mom about his penis and his mom yells back that he can’t say penis in her house and then Tom Cruise yells penis two or three more times.

Okay for real. This movie is full of so many unintentionally funny moments that I don’t know if I’m just a sick ******* or a REALLY sick *******, but the scene with Tom Cruise and Willem Defoe yelling “**** you” at each other and then spitting in each other’s faces multiple times had me laughing.

I know I shouldn’t have laughed, but… I did.

Holy **** this is The Room level

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Holy **** this is The Room level

Yeah, man. I didn't want to admit I was laughing at this because it's based on a true story and I'm sure the dude went through hell, but it just did not play very well and I was laughing so hard it felt like an ab workout. I can see why I never wanted to watch this movie and how it fell through the cracks for so many years, but I can't understand how this particular scene and references to Tom Cruise yelling about his penis hasn't been all over the internet or referenced. It feels like something South Park would have referenced at least, but this completely escaped everything for 34 years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MacReady said:

Yeah, man. I didn't want to admit I was laughing at this because it's based on a true story and I'm sure the dude went through hell, but it just did not play very well and I was laughing so hard it felt like an ab workout. I can see why I never wanted to watch this movie and how it fell through the cracks for so many years, but I can't understand how this particular scene and references to Tom Cruise yelling about his penis hasn't been all over the internet or referenced. It feels like something South Park would have referenced at least, but this completely escaped everything for 34 years.

I wondered if I was missing anything by never watching that movie. Looks like all I missed was unintentional comedy. That video was enough for me. I’ll pass on the movie. You’re right about this. I’m surprised I never heard about this scene before considering how ridiculous it is.

8 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Just finished watching Dungeons and Dragons Honor Among Thieves and its way better then it has any right to be. I should say I know nothing of D&D but I still thought it was pretty damn good.

I've heard nothing but positive things about this movie, and in general Chris Pine usually brings it.  I'm going to have to check this out at some point, but probably won't be able to until it hits streaming.

53 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I've heard nothing but positive things about this movie, and in general Chris Pine usually brings it.  I'm going to have to check this out at some point, but probably won't be able to until it hits streaming.

Hoping it makes enough to warrant another movie. You could literally bring all the actors back, and have them play different characters  in a new story. Would fit D&D perfectly.

Would’ve been better of as a tv show in the style of American horror story.

Some movies I can’t remember if I’ve seen until I start watching them again.

A lot of them I watched in film school and got bored with the massive number of pretentious drivel movies I’ve had to watch.

In the Heat of the Night I know I’ve watched before, but I decided to watch it again just in case and I confirmed that I’ve seen it before.

Still holds up. Good movie.

I am watching Fled now.

I remember this was on TNT all the time and I could never watch it all the way through because it was past my bedtime.

It’s gonna be terrible and not worth watching, but I’m going to watch the ****er for my 12 year old self who really wanted to watch it.

We watched Black Widow last night and I was very impressed. It's too bad this movie got nerfed by covid, it could have done very well in theaters...  Pugh is a star, loved her in Hawkeye and she took the center stage for us in BW.  Excited for Thunderbolts now, and I haven't looked forward to an MCU movie in quite a while