What movie are you watching?

Forge

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Across the Spider-Verse was really good, but they really could have found a better way to segue into the end of this movie to part two a little cleaner.  Pretty much just cut the action mid scene.

My mom was pretty distraught, she didn’t know it was a 2 parter lol

4 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Love Inside Man, but there is no way between the two woman with a certain big feature, that they couldn’t tell who was a bank robber and who wasn’t. One of them was seen by multiple people in the lobby, and downstairs when they were grouped up.

I thought the idea was pretty damn smart overall. Yeah the bazoongas lady would’ve been easy to ID. 

I just watched the first Spiderverse movie because I heard how good the 2nd one is. 

Not a fan. I didn’t like the structure of the movie, but I wouldn’t ever fault anyone for feeling differently. I don’t traditionally like serious animated stuff, so not surprising I didn’t like it. But I am surprised how much love it got. It was a C+ movie to me. Nog bad, but not really enough there to make me wanna see the new one. 

5 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I just watched the first Spiderverse movie because I heard how good the 2nd one is. 

Not a fan. I didn’t like the structure of the movie, but I wouldn’t ever fault anyone for feeling differently. I don’t traditionally like serious animated stuff, so not surprising I didn’t like it. But I am surprised how much love it got. It was a C+ movie to me. Nog bad, but not really enough there to make me wanna see the new one. 

I really enjoyed this new one, but I think the first one is better.  First half of ATSV was utterly fantastic when it mostly dealt with more grounded issues about kids futures, relationships, and parenting.  I actually thought it lost a little steam once the sci-fi got turned up to 11.

I want to see the new Transformers movie.

I want to see the Flash movie.

But the last movie I saw was Guardians of the Galaxy V3.  And I fear it may have ruined me for all other movies.  I'm afraid nothing else that will ever be made will be in the same realm as that movie.

On 5/16/2023 at 4:40 PM, minutemancl said:

Anyone see Blackberry yet? I'm dying to see it, but you've gotta be very selective with your date nights when you have a kid.

Finally watches it tonight. Loved it. The promotional material made it seem like Glenn Howerton's character was just Dennis Reynolds, but Glenn did an amazing job making Jim his own character. He was totally absorbed into this role. It was really smart and funny. I love basically everything Matt Johnson does. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 5:17 PM, Forge said:

I'm not saying you do, but if you like skyline or gold star, your opinion on chili in any fashion is void. 

Just Saying Meme GIFs | Tenor

Hey now.  I grew up there and have had season tickets since the 90s. 

I never eat GoldStar.  But I do like Skyline here and there.  Fun fact.... I eat Skyline after a Bengals loss since they have it on your table within three minutes of ordering and no one wants to sit around and rehash the game.  Gotta say I haven't had it nearly as much since Burrow arrived.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Might also have the most dislike-able kid character ever.

Nah that’s still Levon in Californication. Idk what that show’s fascination was with giving David Duchovny the ugliest possible kids