What movie are you watching?

Forge

18 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

The Karate Kid(84) is one of those all time classics.  Ralph Macchio is great as Daniel, a regular kid who gets bullied in school when he starts dating Ali, whose ex Johnny is a karate expert.  Daniel learns karate from Mr.Miyagi(Pat Morita in a great performance) who has Daniel painting fences, waxing cars and sanding floors.  Those mundane tasks are teaching him karate and he enters a tournament.  The characters make this predictable movie a lot better.  Daniel and Miyagi become good friends, even father-son like, and Daniels relationship with Ali is believable as well.  This is one of those movies like E.T., Back to the future and Big where it can be enjoyed by anyone from 8 years old and older.  You can also watch it over and over.  10/10

Johnny is the real hero of the movie.

He's on the outs with his girl that hooks up with the new dorky kid right away.

So Johnny punches him while on the beach.  Then goes about his life.

The nerdy new kid then has a great Halloween costume.  One where he cannot be identified.  Instead of making out with hot chick, he decides to pull a prank not only on Johnny, but also on his friends.

So he goes after Daniel.  Only to be ambushed by an old man and beaten up himself.

Then the new kid and the old man show up where Johnny trains and demands a fight in a competition.

Where Johnny is influenced by the real villain for a while (his master), then shows his true spirit when congratulating Daniel on victory.  Great character arc for Johnny.

Which all could have been avoided had Daniel simply made out with hot chick in the shower costume as opposed to pulling a prank on Johnny.

(Not my original thought...plenty of comics have gone down this road.)  :)

On 6/17/2023 at 7:02 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Enjoyed extraction 2, action was top notch even if you have to have a sense of disbelief with these films. 
Might also have the most dislike-able kid character ever.

Just watched it last night and enjoyed it as well. If they can pull off Extraction 3 it'll be a very solid trilogy.

Still more believable then some of the stunts in John Wick 4 (bullet proof suits, et al.). For the record I still enjoyed JW4.

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Just watched it last night and enjoyed it as well. If they can pull off Extraction 3 it'll be a very solid trilogy.

Still more believable then some of the stunts in John Wick 4 (bullet proof suits, et al.). For the record I still enjoyed JW4.

I’m not a big fan on the wick movies honestly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I’m not a big fan on the wick movies honestly.

They're glorified Steven Seagal movies with a better lead actor.  But I'll take Out For Justice 100/100x over any Wick movie and it aint even close.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952w52bxwv2xzbzpnnirb0

I didn’t like the first Wick enough to even see the 2nd one much less the others.  Even if Keanu Reeves shows up at my house with the Wick blu-rays and a QP of California’s finest, I’m still not watching them lol. 

also, William Forsythe >>>>>> any Wick bad guy

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I didn’t like the first Wick enough to even see the 2nd one much less the others.  Even if Keanu Reeves shows up at my house with the Wick blu-rays and a QP of California’s finest, I’m still not watching them lol. 

also, William Forsythe >>>>>> any Wick bad guy

It's more about Seagal movies being inherently awful than anything John Wick.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's more about Seagal movies being inherently awful than anything John Wick.

They’re both awful lol. It’s just that one is a respected actor making them despite this lol. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Are you intentionally trying to get your *** kicked tonight? lol

lemme know when you get to LAX lol.  btw I edited that post after remembering this is the movie thread, not the TV one but my opinion still stands. 🐸

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

They’re both awful lol. It’s just that one is a respected actor making them despite this lol. 

We do not talk down about the Keanu. We hold the Keanu in high regard. 

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

lemme know when you get to LAX lol.  btw I edited that post after remembering this is the movie thread, not the TV one but my opinion still stands. 🐸

All in good fun. (I'll still sit on your head and make you say uncle - you leave Schitt's Creek alone)

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 8:08 AM, Ozzy said:

Where the heck is this film available?  Never seen it, looks pretty solid as a romantic comedy with 90s cheese!

What is this like one of the hottest scenes in the history of film right here.  How am I just knowing about this now?  Oh and Netflix does not have it available for rent, what a shocker.  Damn shame, this should be shown on TV just as much as Uncle Buck is!

ast.gif

Maybe Jennifer Connelly should have been in Waterworld as well!  She is one of the prettiest women on the planet and she was really good in A Beautiful Mind, Blood Diamond, Dark City, He's Just Not that Into You, The Rocketeer and Labyrinth, she even still looks good now at 53!  

I fell in love with her as a kid and it will probably never go away.. It started with the Labyrinth. As a little bit older person she looks best in Blood Diamond and She's just not that in to you....  she is a timeless beauty   

• Like 3