What movie are you watching?

Forge

This week's slate of movies were mostly duds really wanted to see Sing Sing by A24 but none of my unlimited movie theaters were showing it. 

I saw Slingshot first it was easily the best movie imo. It took some bold swings some work some don't but I was entertained and engaged the whole time. 7/10

Next I saw 1992 I had really high hopes for this movie I enjoy action movies just as much as I enjoy horror movies everything about It was so generic and average. Ray Liotta did have a great last performance in this but it still didn't save the movie. 5/10

Finally Last and the least afraid. I really think I'm done with blumhouse for good. This movie barely scratches the surface on some interesting points and doesn't really go anywhere with them. As always with blumhouse interesting concept but the delivery is awful. 4/10.

alien-romulus-2024-review.jpg

my wife is more into the Alien franchise than me but we both really enjoyed it. Loved the angle of the younger cast which felt like an old slasher flick that way.  Tbh this movie felt like a movie from 1989 made in 2023.  Fedé Alvarez is definitely a rising superstar at director as this film looks spectacular. 

Spoiler

When the alien came out of Kay’s vajayjay, the entire audience gasped. There was a moment of quiet and I asked fairly loudly, “Is it a boy or a girl?”  And then a bunch of ppl busted out laughing kinda broke the tension lol.

• Like 1

Die Hard is an all time classic.  Need I saw more?  Infinity/10

The Crow(original) I liked it but it's not great.  Easily Brandon Lee's best movie by far.  He is very good in this.  He could have been a big star.  The villains are fine, nothing special.  7/10

Alien: Romulus was solid.  Good acting, good suspenseful scenes.  Cailee Spaeny and David Jonsson were both real good in it, I liked their characters.  IMO a little too much fan fare, especially the delivery of one classic line.  Good to see on the big screen  7/10 

On 8/24/2024 at 11:17 PM, thebestever6 said:

got it so bullet train where he's in it for 1 min of the movie, and this is the end where he has no speaking lines a plays a dog for a min count haha.

Forgot about tatum in hateful 8

He does a great job, especially the "that is a good answer" quote. Should be a gif

Snyder's cut of the Rebel Moon movies (1 & 2). Provides some additional context and background on characters, proper violence from guns, and basically is everything that the Star Wars franchise wishes it could have become. Excited to see what happens in the next movie.

On 9/2/2024 at 9:27 PM, thrILL! said:

horizon-an-american-saga.jpg

This movie is stunningly beautiful to look at and it makes me wish I had seen it on the big screen. I will definitely watch the next one in the theater. 

Is the second one going to actually get a theatrical release?

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Is the second one going to actually get a theatrical release?

No word yet since it was postponed but I would imagine it would be.  Maybe in December alongside other Christmas releases.  By that time, enough ppl will have watched part 1 on Max to generate interest in part 2. Whether it underperforms at the box office too, we shall see… 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

No word yet since it was postponed but I would imagine it would be.  Maybe in December alongside other Christmas releases.  By that time, enough ppl will have watched part 1 on Max to generate interest in part 2. Whether it underperforms at the box office too, we shall see… 

Would look amazing on IMAX 

• Like 1

beetle juice beetlejuice was so good . the atmosphere top notch, the story was great for a 36 year later sequel, the nostalgia I felt was great, and you can tell the movie has a 100 million dollar budget. My only negatives are maybe a few to many characters, and some of the movie the build up was way better than the pay off. All in all for a sequel this is top notch. 9/10 for me.

Edited by thebestever6