Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

23 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

That’s crap. That ranks us as number 2 pass blocking 

Not really. It's a very specific statistic.  You guys haven't given up a lot of sacks. Goff has the lowest sack rate of his career this year, and you've only given up 18 total sacks which is the third lowest total in the nfl.  It's not a shock that you would be high in a statistic that specifically deals with sacks.

There's no hidden subtext to the statistic. It's not referencing pressures or hurries. It's not adjusted for times when Goff throws the ball away (well, pass plays as a whole are part of the calculation, but that's part of the efficiency calculation... What I mean is that it's not grading the offensive line on a situation that results in a negative play other than a sack) or anything like that. It's specific to sacks, and in that specific aspect, you guys have been one of the better teams in the NFL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not really. It's a very specific statistic.  You guys haven't given up a lot of sacks. Goff has the lowest sack rate of his career this year, and you've only given up 18 total sacks which is the third lowest total in the nfl.  It's not a shock that you would be high in a statistic that specifically deals with sacks.

There's no hidden subtext to the statistic. It's not referencing pressures or hurries. It's not adjusted for times when Goff throws the ball away or anything like that. It's specific to sacks, and in that specific aspect, you guys have been one of the better teams in the NFL

Then that should reflect on the job Goff is doing to avoid sacks because our OL is trash 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

That’s crap. That ranks us as number 2 pass blocking 

Would it be the 3rd fewest sacks allowed or their smart people working out the situational stuff and adjusting them up to #1 that bothers you?

I would guess the Rams faced better pass rushers than the Raiders, Patriots, and Steelers by their calculations.

BTW, The Rams are tied for 11th in QB hits allowed.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT

Edited by SkippyX

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Would it be the 3rd fewest sacks allowed or their smart people working out the situational stuff and adjusting them up to #1 that bothers you?

I would guess the Rams faced better pass rushers than the Raiders, Patriots, and Steelers by their calculations.

That’s not an accurate way to assess OL play. What about QB hurries, pressures, hits? Missed assignments? 

If you’ve watched any of the first 9 Rams game , then you’d know our OL is absolutely trash 

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because your OL isn't bottom 5, apparently. Goff is really bad and the sooner y'all accept that the easier it will be.

Sorry bud, im not a prisoner of the moment and a hypebeast like some of you. 

I don’t ride the fluctuating waves. Whatever the larger sample size depicts would be an accurate assessment  

just last year everyone was calling your QB a running back. That should put things in perspective for you 

11 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

How when he’s only been sacked 18 times behind a bottom 5 OL

Lots of teeth gnashing here from a Rams focused fanatic. (possible Goff apologist as well? (I honestly don't know))

Most O-lines in the NFL are trash.

• Atlanta has given up 100 hits.
  • The Jets gave up a ton of hits and give LeVeon almost none of those 'I have very little talent but I can wait for a hole' plays
  • Wilson runs for his life in Seattle like every year (he's just way better at doing that than Goff)
  • Add in the Giants, the Bucs, and the Panthers and that's 6 easily worse than the Rams.
  • The Rams don't even have the worst O-line in Los Angeles.

What everyone does agree on is that Goff does not have an Easy Button O-line this year like 2017 and 2018.

Edited by SkippyX

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Lots of teeth gnashing here from a Rams focused fanatic. (possible Goff apologist as well? (I honestly don't know))

Most O-lines in the NFL are trash.

• Atlanta has given up 100 hits.
  • The Jets gave up a ton of hits and give LeVeon almost none of those 'I have very little talent but I can wait for a hole' plays
  • Wilson runs for his life in Seattle like every year (he's just way better at doing that than Goff)
  • Add in the Giants, the Bucs, and the Panthers and that's 6 easily worse than the Rams.
  • The Rams don't even have the worst O-line in Los Angeles.

What everyone does agree on is that Goff does not have an Easy Button O-line this year like 2017 and 2018.

Keep the stats to yourself and watch a game for once. 

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

Keep the stats to yourself and watch a game for once. 

You feel free to watch the rest of the league.

I see the faults of the Rams O-line and you are still a fanatic for your team.

Your guy's missed block is worth 10 for every one missed by another team's player. (Go Rams Go!)

Just now, SkippyX said:

You feel free to watch the rest of the league.

I see the faults of the Rams O-line and you are still a fanatic for your team.

Your guy's missed block is worth 10 for every one missed by another team's player. (Go Rams Go!)

I’m now certain that you don’t watch nfl games because all you posts is stats. 

You prolly think Aaron Rodgers is the best QB of all time

i see most nfl games. We lacked in the interior OL positions and the entire right side was horrible for us this season. Interior pressure is the worst for a pocket QB like Goff 

But you wouldn’t know that because all you do is log on stats sites to post stats after each game. 

You’d be great for the MLB though 

The Rams O-line was awful in a handful of games this year. (49ers, Steelers, Ravens for sure)

Oh look, the 1st and 4th pass rush teams and a Ravens team that got up big and forced a long day of drop back passing.

That's 10 of the 18 sacks in 3 games.

Lets pretend the Bucs, Falcons, Bengals, and Saints(shell shocked with the Brees injury) were really killing Goff all day. 

That Bucs game was about the worse I have ever seen a QB single-handedly blow a game for his team.

He could not stop giving the ball to the Bucs. (4 turnovers)

If Goff is your hero then you pretend it was the O-lines fault.