Injuries support group -- SEASON 2020

squire12

I've been weirdly okay so far. I have a league with Sutton and Godwin, so that wasnt great today (same league I had Connor in last week), but it's not really a league I care about. 

I'm my other league, I lost Adams today, but I'm assuming that will not be long term

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol

I love this title

Week 1 was:  Sanders, Golladay and a dash of Evans in 1 league.   Evans and Sanders in another.   Sutton.... I at least knew about and could start someone else.

League on MFL, salary cap and contracts.   

Mack-- torn achilles
Barwin -- torn ACL
Sutton -- AC separation

week 2
Uzomah -- torn achilles
Sutton -- shoulder  (AC separation I think)
Perriman -- ankle
CMC -- Ankle
Mostert -- MCL

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've been weirdly okay so far. I have a league with Sutton and Godwin, so that wasnt great today (same league I had Connor in last week), but it's not really a league I care about. 

I'm my other league, I lost Adams today, but I'm assuming that will not be long term

having enough leagues certainly adds to the players that are affected, I really only count the leagues that have entry fees associated.  The free leagues are less important, until you factor in how close to being a contender I was at the start of the season

I have Godwin in a league, but its a free league, so not that big a deal.   Also have Conner in a league as well.   Him missing week 1 did not hurt as I won without him being a contributor

Edited by squire12

Lost both Sutton and Barkley to IR. ****

At least Sutton was my WR3 and not my WR2 like most people though. 

I picked up Joe Kelly to replace Barkley and Brandin Cooks to replace Sutton. 

Joe Kelly seems to have a big role in the Charger Offense. 25 touches last week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well the injury bug finally hit me.

I lost Nick Chubb this weekend. Didn't handcuff with Hunt, I thought his price tag was too high for me. I also got whooped 234-144.

1-3 and I have to play Mahomes/Michael Thomas/Juju/Kelce/JRob/Mike Davis this week.

I've never started out 1-3 EVER in my home league so this is def. uncharted territory for me.

Current lineup:

Deshaun Watson

DJ Moore

Will Fuller

Terry Mcclaurin

Kenyan Drake

Melvin Gordon

Hayden Hurst

Justin Tucker

TB Def

Darius Leonard

Shaq Thompson

Macrus Maye

Logan Rogan

BN:

Free Spot

Nick Chubb

Cam Newton

Deebo Samuel

Chase Edmonds

I feel like my team is ok enough to still make a run but boy sometimes you wonder when will the bleeding stop...

• 1 month later...

12 team superflex, .5 ppr with 1.0 ppr for TE.  salary cap league with contracts.  was projected to be a top 4-5 team and good contender for a title

QB:  Ryan, Stafford, Darnold.   Overall was pretty healthy and not affected much. Darnold injury did get me in week for Ryan's bye, but was able to grab Flacco for cheap that week.

RB: 
Marlon Mack-- got 0.5  weeks
CMC -- so far have 2.5 weeks of play
Ingram -- Been injury and inactive for 3-4 weeks
Mostert -- 2 full weeks, 2 half weeks thus far
Darrnyton Evans -- was not expecting much, but still hot useable as he has been on IR for 7 weeks
Gaskin -- picked up on waivers, got  6 weeks until injured
Hasty -- promoted from TS when injuries got bad, got 1 OK game

WR
Sutton -- got 0.5 weeks.  Used my 2020 1st to acquire him late last season for a title push that fell short.  
Edelman -- got a few weeks from Edelman of mediocre performance
Funchess - opted out due to covid
AJ Brown -- missed 2.5 weeks
John Brown -- missed 3-4 weeks being out or minimal snaps due to injury
Perriman -- I think he has been healthy for like 2-3 weeks total so far

TE
Jarwin -- 0.5 games
Usomah -- 0.5 games
Albert O -- was not expecting much, but another option out

Somehow I am 5-5 and still in playoff contention.  Starting RB have been a mix of Gaskin, Gallman, Hasty, Peterson.

10 team Superflex and 1.0 PPR 

QB:  Dak, Minshew, Goff.   Lost the first 2 and picked up Foles and he gets hurt last night

RB:  Sanders, Mostert, Ekeler.  Yup, all 3 have been out, the last 2 for a lot of the season.   Had Coleman and Hasty as insurance for Mostert.....bad insurance policy.   Toss in a COVID to AJ Dillon.  

WR:  Golladay, Deebo, Reagor

4-6 and in a logjam tied for 6th 2 games out of the playoffs (4 teams make it)