Week 5 GDT: 49ers vs Colts, aka: our best shot to win a game?

Forge

Nice effort i'd say so far this year we are competitively bad. Are in games just can't win. 

Saying that it's a good thing with the brown's and Giant's (now with obj looking like his done with broken ankle) could be a race to see who is worse to get a QB in the draft. 

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

His awareness has been bad, but was good today. That was a really nice play on that pass break up.

Yea that play he was making up ground after the receiver got behind him, I though Rashard had a plus game today. DJ looked bad

Neither Hyde nor Bowman were injured, simply dropped for parts of the game. That's interesting, especially looking at Hyde's contract situation. If we aren't playing him when he's fit, we obviously won't pay him either. Considering how he's performed so far that's a surprise. Bowman surely quite a bit away from his best, but didn't look completely out of place either which would justify dropping him for Coyle. Odd one. Maybe I'm reading too much into that, I don't know.

1 hour ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

Everyone couldn't stop talking about how great he'd be in training camp. Homer shades in this place are unreal

Fans are supposed to be homers. If we weren't somewhat bias then we wouldn't have a vested interest in our team succeeding and we wouldn't be hopefully that a guy who flashed potential wouldn't take a huge step back early in year 2.

Hes still extremely young, the book on this guy isnt closed yet. 

I could get used to these overtime games. I was really rooting for the tie at the end. I'm sure there were some browns fans watching the end of our game hoping we'd win. Thankfully there are more than one player this year worth taking #1 overall. 

What does that even mean talking about how great he'd be in training camp? Meaning people were predicting he would have a good training camp or were saying how good he looked in camp? Because if it is the latter, then that just isn't true. He wasn't good in preseason and didn't have a great camp either. Confusing post....

I guess I was off two yards. Said 1 catch for 13 yards when it was 15 yards. Still had a bad holding penalty, but he was good. He's still going to have some rocky moments, but that's simply due to not having much playing experience. Have to be patient with him. 

Johnson on the other hand? It's year four now, he is what he is at this point. 

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

Fans are supposed to be homers. If we weren't somewhat bias then we wouldn't have a vested interest in our team succeeding and we wouldn't be hopefully that a guy who flashed potential wouldn't take a huge step back early in year 2.

Hes still extremely young, the book on this guy isnt closed yet. 

I could get used to these overtime games. I was really rooting for the tie at the end. I'm sure there were some browns fans watching the end of our game hoping we'd win. Thankfully there are more than one player this year worth taking #1 overall. 

There's a difference between being hopeful and being a homer. That's the issue

55 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I guess I was off two yards. Said 1 catch for 13 yards when it was 15 yards. Still had a bad holding penalty, but he was good. He's still going to have some rocky moments, but that's simply due to not having much playing experience. Have to be patient with him. 

Johnson on the other hand? It's year four now, he is what he is at this point. 

Fwiw I had to listen to this game on the radio. They had a completely different take on our CB play than anything im reading here. They talked several times about failure of the CBs to turn running plays back inside and said their play against the run was flat out terrible. They thought Mack's long run was the game winning play and said it was the fault of one of our CBs (don't remember which one). 

Looking at the next three games, you could just put down a L on those games. Only game we have a chance against is the Eagles if they have a bad game. Even then, it's only a slight chance. No chance we beat the Redskins and the Cowboys should beat us with little problem. So we are looking at a 0-8 start. Welp lol.

Archived