Mitch Trubisky has Improved

WindyCity

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He sucked. Threw 1 deep ball out of bounds, missed a TD to Miller on a deep ball, threw an ugly pick. Mitch Trubisky in a nut shell

Sounds like he's pretty much done in Chicago then (barring an injury to Foles)?  Sorry to hear that for you guys.  It has to hurt big time to end up with a bust when Mahomes and Jackson were also there for the taking.  It happens to every team, but I hate to see it happen to you.  :(

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It’s over. The little bits of improvement we saw were not permanent and were not the base of more steady improvement.

His inability to throw deep is a deal breaking issue.

I feel awful for the kid, but this had to happen. He's missing reads and he's missing layup throws. You simply cannot do that and find success in this league.

God damned shame, but *welcome to Chicago*.

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

I feel awful for the kid, but this had to happen. He's missing reads and he's missing layup throws. You simply cannot do that and find success in this league.

God damned shame, but *welcome to Chicago*.

We knew last season, it was confirmed, now we have to move on.

A devastating blow to a franchise that cannot get this position right. Mahomes or Watson with this defense and we were set up to cook. 

33 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

A devastating blow to a franchise that cannot get this position right. Mahomes or Watson with this defense and we were set up to cook. 

Cant say I'm fully surprised this has happened. Just a little surprised they pulled the plug so fast (3 games into a 2-0 start).

Kind of makes you feel like they just handed Mitch the starting job out of camp as a courtesy for all his professionalism and hard work over the years. More of a salute..hey it was nice having you and we thought we owed you a few last starts but we made our decision to move on a while ago.

Edited by topwop1

47 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I had hopes year 3 in this scheme would help him but he's too erratic. Can't miss those layups man, just can't miss them.

Wish him well.

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Cant say I'm fully surprised this has happened. Just a little surprised they pulled the plug so fast (3 games into a 2-0 start).

Kind of makes you feel like they just handed Mitch the starting job out of camp as a courtesy for all his professionalism and hard work over the years. More of a salute..hey it was nice having you and we thought we owed you a few last starts but we made our decision to move on a while ago.

From all reports neither QB distinguished himself in a positive way in camp, and a tie or close result was always going to go to Trubisky so the Bears could do one last assessment to see if there was any hope. There isn't. 

14 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm sure that played a role and that they genuinely wanted to see him succeed. Some guys have it, some don't. This is Chicago so of course we whiffed on the QB position.

20 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm sure that played a role and that they genuinely wanted to see him succeed. Some guys have it, some don't. This is Chicago so of course we whiffed on the QB position.

We're doomed when it comes to this position that much is true. Even when one is sitting right there in front of our faces for the taking. 

Hopefully Foles can save the day and hold down the fort for at least a cpl years while they search for a long term answer at the position.

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

We're doomed when it comes to this position that much is true. Even when one is sitting right there in front of our faces for the taking. 

Hopefully Foles can save the day and hold down the fort for at least a cpl years while they search for a long term answer at the position.

100%. This is my expectation. Maybe kick the tires on a kid if he's falling in the draft or identify a mid-to-late round talent. If I'm not mistaken we really liked Gardner Minshew.