Mitch Trubisky has Improved

WindyCity

8 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

You can’t have a great team if you give Mitch a 2nd deal.

That would depend on what you paid and him and if he didn’t improve.   I am not in favor of resigning him for anything more than a pittance as of this point.  

But my mind could be changed.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

You can’t have a great team if you give Mitch a 2nd deal.

He would need to continue to show continued growth to even talk about it.

But the best thing for the Bears is to have to franchise tag Mitch because he played really well.

Jumping back into the draft with a mid 1st round pick or relying on Nick Foles is not going to be a great option.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 4:37 AM, Madmike90 said:

Having caught up with the first couple of games there is no doubt Trubisky does look better...be is the fact the OL has improved or that he now has a running attack that teams need to respect or be it Trubisky himself who's footwork does look better and he is throwing the ball with more touch consistently than in previous years...the issue is this is the worst thing that could have happened...let me explain...Trubisky looks better but still not the type of QB who is going to win you playoff games on the road when the running game is bogged down...so what do we do at the end of the season? Do we accept he isn't a game winner on his own...pay him $20 million a season and try and add more talent around him...or do we cut bait on a decent to sometimes really good QB in the hope of drafting a game changer who could end up a superstar or a bust? That is the trickiest of all questions when you have a middle of the road QB.

If I have my way, Kirk Cousins will be available.  Interested in a possible trade?  :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

If I have my way, Kirk Cousins will be available.  Interested in a possible trade?  :D

You are stuck with him in 2021 I tried doing a bunch of crazy things to make it worth our while, but the cap hit Numbers makes it no sense for either side.

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Throw in a MIN's 2021 1st rounder and have MIN keep paying all Cousin's guaranteed cash and we'll give you Trevathan. 😆

Seeing the cap juggling from a divisional rival would be worth it alone almost.