Leslie Indeed Released; Bryce Treggs Signed

Mind Character

54 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Hue is really trying to get this guy ready apparently 

If he can catch we're already in a much better position to win 

If Kenny Britt is benched this week I really think we got a shot 

If we're being honest, Hue doesn't have a ton of options here.

Yes, Britt sucks, but it's not like we've got Megatron sitting on the bench behind him. It's the mentality of most Cleveland fans where the backup is better than a crappy starter (nobody more popular than the backup qb).

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we're being honest, Hue doesn't have a ton of options here.

Yes, Britt sucks, but it's not like we've got Megatron sitting on the bench behind him. It's the mentality of most Cleveland fans where the backup is better than a crappy starter (nobody more popular than the backup qb).

Nah man Britt is different. He's actually a liability he cannot perform the task that his position requires. 

This is ain't no backup QB popularity thing he is actually a serious hinderance and is making our offense worse. 

Him being on the field doesn't even break even he actually sets us back. As long as a receiver is competient and catches the ball and doesn't commit false starts for two games he will have already surpassed Britt's value.

3 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Nah man Britt is different. He's actually a liability he cannot perform the task that his position requires. 

This is ain't no backup QB popularity thing he is actually a serious hinderance and is making our offense worse. 

Him being on the field doesn't even break even he actually sets us back. As long as a receiver is competient and catches the ball and doesn't commit false starts for two games he will have already surpassed Britt's value.

Who should be starting then? Coates has been injured, Leslie is gone, Coleman is hurt, Louis's hands are just as suspect, Williams has done NOTHING.....

It's just a ragtag group of other teams rejects.

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who should be starting then? Coates has been injured, Leslie is gone, Coleman is hurt, Louis's hands are just as suspect, Williams has done NOTHING.....

It's just a ragtag group of other teams rejects.

True I'm not saying we had better options Hue couldn't bench him if he wanted to

but once he does have any healthy players if they could do something as simple as catch the pass. Not even make a play but catch the ball and lay there we'd be progressing 

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

But did they say he was a terrible player who should never see the field and who should have to hide his face in shame while in public?

No?

Then he's better than Kenny Britt.

I think he could be the new Jordan Leslie, but faster and has to use two hands. 

27 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Are you saying we should put Peppers at WR?

Nah but if we needed to I would. Like I said if a player can catch the ball and lay there we'd be in a better position than anything Britt has to offer. 

Hes been looking bad since the preseason. Might be Too early to cut him but I would. He's solely really put us in some bad situations 

Britt is by far our most accomplished receiver and maybe just maybe he has just had a bad streak of games. If he had put together 6 or 7 quality games and then slumped like he has the last 4 weeks I think we'd be a little kinder to him. We know he isn't a good #1 but he was supposed to be a serviceable #1 or a high quality #2. Obviously that hasn't happened and I can forgive the drops and running the wrong routes and stuff like that but it is those times that it looks as if he doesn't have much interest that make me want to throw him off of a bridge. So, in a post where my goal was to try to give him a little support I talked myself out of it before I finished my thought. Stupid Britt.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Britt is by far our most accomplished receiver and maybe just maybe he has just had a bad streak of games. If he had put together 6 or 7 quality games and then slumped like he has the last 4 weeks I think we'd be a little kinder to him. We know he isn't a good #1 but he was supposed to be a serviceable #1 or a high quality #2. Obviously that hasn't happened and I can forgive the drops and running the wrong routes and stuff like that but it is those times that it looks as if he doesn't have much interest that make me want to throw him off of a bridge. So, in a post where my goal was to try to give him a little support I talked myself out of it before I finished my thought. Stupid Britt.

I think you are being too nice. 
he is an over paid turd and Sachi's biggest mistake. 

56 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think you are being too nice. 
he is an over paid turd and Sachi's biggest mistake. 

From just watching him in a Browns uniform you are right. His career catch rate was about 55% which isn't great but his average yards per catch made it acceptable. His average per catch is down just a little this year but his catch rate is terrible, under 35%. We know that is mostly his own fault so I'm not shifting blame elsewhere but there is a chance he gets back to the player he was prior to joining the Browns, which is a useful albeit flawed WR. We've seen Britt at his worst, of course we don't like him and wish he was gone and eventually if he doesn't turn it around we will be right to think that but I think we have to give him a couple more opportunities, no matter how stupid it seems after watching these past 4 games but odds are he is closer to the player that he was the previous 100+ games than what we've seen in the 4.

Archived