Happy Halloween, Mock Shoppers.

JetsandI

tenor.gif

Adam Gase is fired.

LimpingMeatyHatchetfish-size_restricted.

Top 5 candidates to replace Gase are Press Taylor, Duce Staley, Dan Campbell, Eric Bieniemy and Arthur Smith.

I have decided that I want to have an offensive minded head coach that doesn't call plays because if offense flops then Jets have to fire not only OC but HC as well.  It is urgent to find HC that looks promising for 10 consecutive years. Otherwise Jets are in good condition to beat out Germany for the world's best recycling program.  That will massively reduce the search to 2. Campbell or Staley.

Despite Joe Douglas's familarity and connection to Staley, Dan Campbell is the man. Since I don't know either personally I used what information that is available to us. Campbell has been in highest level of coaching position since 2015 ( Interim HC and Assistant HC). Staley has held assistant head coach title since 2018.

Dan Campbell as Head Coach.

Offensive Coordinator candidates should be Press Taylor(1), Shane Waldron(3) and Mike LaFleur(3).

Those parentheses indicate how many season as passing coordinator in NFL. I ended up having Waldron as OC simply because Waldron is faimilar with Parcells' principles.

The choices for Jets' defensive coordinator may be Gregg Williams, Mike ZImmer and Aaron Glenn.

The chief of defense went to recently fired HC, Mike Zimmer. Zimmer would be undoubtedly the best available for DC duty if Vikings actually fired him for whatever reason.  

Shane Waldron as OC.

Mike Zimmer as DC.

➡️Jets' own movement.

QB Sam Darnold - 5th year option not exercised.
If Jets ended up owning number one pick and Trevor Lawrence opted for NFL, Jets had no reason to play bs on Darnold like they did with Jamal Adams. That is an unequivocal statement right there.

SCB Brian Poole - Bring back for 2 years.
He is a good slot CB and Jets have no reason to look away.

S Marcus Maye - Bring back for 3 years.
He won't be top safety in NFL for many years coming but as long as he stays healthy he performs just fine for a bargain contract.

CB Quincy WIlson - Bring back for one year.
I believe JD will continue to use a low level movement method for CB, meaning he won't go after highly sought CB in FA or draft.

Edge Tarell Basham - Bring back for one year.
JD didn't chase Clowney despite Jets had plenty cap space to burn. I think it is good idea to bring him back for depth once again. *sigh*

ERFA and RFA players - Bring back on lowest value.
It is just a common practice.

⬇️Cut.

RB Le'Veon Bell.
Short pass over running philosophy will be continued in JD's system. Bell is underutilized there. Don't argue with that. Thank You.

DL Henry Anderson.
After Anderson refused to accept pay cut, Jets cut him.   Ciao!

☑️Free Agency.

QB Blaine Gabbert - one year.
For some reason Bruce Arians has a soft heart for Gabbert. Gabbert is better fit in short passing scheme than Arians' wild air attack offense.  He is ideal a back up qb for this sort of offense.

RB Marlon Mack - 3 years.
He mentioned that he had no problem with sharing duty with solid RB on the roster in Indianapolis. He should fit in the system like a glove.

WR Corey Davis - one year.
I expect JD struggling to strike a gold deal with proven WR. This pathetic tendency continues to bite, man.

LG Cam Robinson - 3 years.
A powerful run blocker that still struggles in pass protection.  What JD had done last free agency should be repeated in upcoming free agency.

DE Trey Hendrickson - 3 years.
I think this developing pass rusher is a full time starter for Saints this year. Saints have no room in salary cap to keep him around longer. I expect him to be another late bloom NFL player and him becoming a ripe fruit in NY/NYC would be great timing.

🔄Trade.

QB Sam Darnold - Colts for 2nd and 5th round picks

SeveralWindyAdouri-small.gif Go Ahead and do the math on 2 trades.

Colts, Cowboys and Saints may be only 2020 playoff teams that could lose their starting qb for 2021. Cowboys won't stop working on new deal with Dak Prescott. Saints have no cap space.  Voila!

2021 NFL Draft.

👁️‍🗨️Both Giants and Jets share the same record thus their original picks are reversed throughout the draft.

#1.1 - QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson.

Figure it out yourself.

#1 - TE Pat Freiermuth, Penn State.

I don't think JD would draft a traditional size TE in 1st but for now, I believe he is only TE that moves really well.  That's all I care about.

#2.2 - WR Dyami Brown, North Carolina.

If you bite his con, you quit football.  Promising route runner with real speed.  

#2 - DE Victor Dimukeje, Duke.

Power, speed, athleticism and hand usage. Enough said.

#3.1 - DE Patrick Jones II, Pittsurgh.

Another pass rusher with similar traits. Bull rush is the best.

#3 - WR Dez Fitzpatrick, Louisville.

A humble number 2 WR on the roster but he has full package of tools to be number 1 WR in NFL.

#4.2 - CB Deommodore Lenoir, Oregon.

Need to be more consistent to be solid number 2 CB opposing Bless Austin.

#5.1 - RB Pooka Williams, Kansas.

Small but top speed.  Probably need to learn how to play WR to replace Crowder when his contract is up.

#5.2 - G Zion Johnson, Boston College.

Power and quick feet but one and a half year experience in high level competition.

#5.3 - S James Wiggins, Cincinnati.

2019 season wiped out due to injury. He has 4 ints in 2018 and that's it so far.  However, he is well around safety in term of skill tools.

#6.2 - C Drake Jackson, Kentucky.

Need a center that can snap strong and clean in shotgun. Excellent run blocker.

#7.1 - K Jet Toner, Stanford.

Just his name.

I am JetsandI and I don't approve this offseason mock.

tumblr_malvk4Fpt41roni7y.gif

Not a bad job. But as I think I'll feel with nearly every mock (besides my own). Is that there's not nearly enough done at WR. Davis is a risk and hasn't lived up to his hype. I do like Brown so I'm happy with that pick. But I don't see your love for Fitzpatrick. He's about as average as they get. There's no #1 WR potential with him.

Given what you have... I'd go back to back WRs with our SEA 1st and our 2nd. So to play along with you liking Brown... Give me Waddle in the late 1st and Brown with our early 2nd. We don't need a TE that bad. 

Wow here it is still September and we are doing Mock drafts. I hope we don't hire Campbell. I just don't see him as a NFL HC. Give me Jim H. or one of the hot OC from the Ravens, Bills or K.C. I also don't see the Jets taking a TE in the first round. We have done this is the past but for the last 8 plus years the Jets just don't put stock into TE. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Like a lot of this, this would be a great start for us. We aren’t going to completely fix the WR core in 1 offseason but this would be a big step in the right direction.

Yeah... Since T Law is brand new to NFL level we should fill out all weapons to see what kind of offensive concepts work best for him before investing right skill player for right price.  Heck, it is a lot cheaper with draftees if T Law can spread all equally. lol.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Wow here it is still September and we are doing Mock drafts. I hope we don't hire Campbell. I just don't see him as a NFL HC. Give me Jim H. or one of the hot OC from the Ravens, Bills or K.C. I also don't see the Jets taking a TE in the first round. We have done this is the past but for the last 8 plus years the Jets just don't put stock into TE. 

Not we.  

I ignore the Jets' history because JD will change that.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not a bad job. But as I think I'll feel with nearly every mock (besides my own). Is that there's not nearly enough done at WR. Davis is a risk and hasn't lived up to his hype. I do like Brown so I'm happy with that pick. But I don't see your love for Fitzpatrick. He's about as average as they get. There's no #1 WR potential with him.

Given what you have... I'd go back to back WRs with our SEA 1st and our 2nd. So to play along with you liking Brown... Give me Waddle in the late 1st and Brown with our early 2nd. We don't need a TE that bad. 

Need or not, I can see Pat F being a top productive weapon for Waldron.   Remember Campbell came from TE background.  Idea and utilization form together properly so it is possible.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with you here when it comes to the draft but no decent FA WR is signing here given this situation so Davis might be the best we can do in FA. In the draft...definitely wouldn’t mind two WRs with 1B and 2a. You would be at least be putting Lawrence in a decent scenario 

45 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I agree with you here when it comes to the draft but no decent FA WR is signing here given this situation so Davis might be the best we can do in FA. In the draft...definitely wouldn’t mind two WRs with 1B and 2a. You would be at least be putting Lawrence in a decent scenario 

You throw enough money at a few of the guys hitting FA... one will come. Especially if we own the #1 pick and sell them on Lawerence. Darnold can even finish strong (might be doubtful) and be more of a selling piece as well. These are guys coming off rookie deals that are looking for that payday. So money matters

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

You throw enough money at a few of the guys hitting FA... one will come. Especially if we own the #1 pick and sell them on Lawerence. Darnold can even finish strong (might be doubtful) and be more of a selling piece as well. These are guys coming off rookie deals that are looking for that payday. So money matters

Yeah I’m done with them doing that. Did it with Trumaine...he stopped playing. Did it with Bell...he’s been extremely disappointing Gase/OLine or not he’s been the least effective runner we’ve had. Gave stupid money to Mosley...two great quarters, tweeks a groin, is week to week, then never plays again and THEN opted out. Anyone can give me the “protect his family” excuse but anyone who thinks he actually is motivated to be here is a fool. Buying players won’t work for us anymore. We are the bottom of the barrel. They’ll come here and just go through the motions. Build through the draft and sign guys who have something to prove. The top tier free agents will cost us an arm and a leg and the return will never be there until we build this team ourselves and there is actually something to strive for. It’s going to be a long road. Having the number overall pick (if we get it) and extra picks for Darnold + the Adams picks could be the catalyst for a quicker turn around. First and foremost though. Get someone who the guys will play for and demand their best. Until then it’s going to be brutal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah I’m done with them doing that. Did it with Trumaine...he stopped playing. Did it with Bell...he’s been extremely disappointing Gase/OLine or not he’s been the least effective runner we’ve had. Gave stupid money to Mosley...two great quarters, tweeks a groin, is week to week, then never plays again and THEN opted out. Anyone can give me the “protect his family” excuse but anyone who thinks he actually is motivated to be here is a fool. Buying players won’t work for us anymore. We are the bottom of the barrel. They’ll come here and just go through the motions. Build through the draft and sign guys who have something to prove. The top tier free agents will cost us an arm and a leg and the return will never be there until we build this team ourselves and there is actually something to strive for. It’s going to be a long road. Having the number overall pick (if we get it) and extra picks for Darnold + the Adams picks could be the catalyst for a quicker turn around. First and foremost though. Get someone who the guys will play for and demand their best. Until then it’s going to be brutal.

I understand the point you're making and the frustration. But there's cap space to use. So we need to add talent. 

6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Exactly good teams never build through FA.  They become great by hitting in the draft, especially mid rounds.  Until we draft better it won't matter who we sign.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Exactly good teams never build through FA.  They become great by hitting in the draft, especially mid rounds.  Until we draft better it won't matter who we sign.

100% but we will have nearly 80-90mill in cap space if we make the cuts we should. So that money needs to be spent somewhere. And since we don't draft well. We have very few players to pay of our own.