GDT Week 4 - First live crowd at Arrowhead

Deadpulse

Week 4 Patriots at Chiefs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Will the running game continue on its torrid pace?

2. 2. Travis Kelce's stat line against our TE stoppers?

• Over 100 yards, at least 1 TD
    • 50-100 yards
    • Less than 50 yards
    • SHUT DOWN
  3. 3. Last week it was Sony, who leads the way this week in rushing?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/2020 at 08:20 PM

5 bold predictions for the Patriots vs. Chiefs matchup in Week 4

So the Ravens did not fair well but Lamar had one of his worst days as a passer and I don't credit the Chiefs for that. The dude was just off. If Cam and the boys can play mistake free football and execute better, they have a shot in this one IMO. Still, an uphill battle for sure against the defacto best team in the AFC. Things to look for:

- Can the running game continue the way it has, especially going up against such a high powered offense?

- Can we continue to see success from Dugger and Joejuan against TE's going up against Kelce?

- Which Jules are we going to see? Career day against the Hawks in a similar match up or controlled for a few catches and 20 something yards?

- Can this secondary step up against Mahomes and make some plays? The man is great, but he has a bit of gunslinger in him. 

I think that even if Kelce gets erased from the game Mahomes can still march down the field and drop a TD. On the bright side I don't think this defense can play any worse then they did against the Seahawks. On the other hand the Chief's defense is not as bad as the Seahawks. My biggest concern is that if we fall behind early can our WRs be counted on to actually make plays and keep us in the game? I have a feeling that the answer to that is a no, so have to keep the game within one score. We will need all 3 units to step up, if one of them has a day off the Chiefs will bury us. This game is winnable but its not gonna be easy to pull off.

Edited by The Third Rider

I have neglected my adopt-a-Patriot duties so far. I had David Andrews so I will have a couple more weeks off with him sadly. 

As for Kyle Dugger, it looks like he has made a lot more progress more quickly than many thought it would (at least when he was drafted). This will be a big test. We have a big stable of DBs but we will ned them all for the Chiefs. I'm looking for him to have a lot more snaps, and potentially a role shadowing Kelce. There will be potential for national prominence - hopefully for the right reasons. 

I'm anticipating a game a lot like the one against the Seahawks, but I think the Chiefs will pull away at the end. Hope I'm wrong but the way the Chiefs mostly snuffed out the Ravens running game makes me think that the Pats won't be able to play the sort of game they'll need to win. 

5 hours ago, Starless said:

I'm anticipating a game a lot like the one against the Seahawks, but I think the Chiefs will pull away at the end. Hope I'm wrong but the way the Chiefs mostly snuffed out the Ravens running game makes me think that the Pats won't be able to play the sort of game they'll need to win. 

difference is Pats can pass

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

difference is Pats can pass

Well, in theory. I would say the Ravens actually have the better WR/TE corps. But McDaniels, on a good day, is much better at calling plays and scheming guys open.

For the game in general - I don't completely rule-out BB having a great game plan and limiting the KC offense (they struggled against LAC two weeks ago), but I have had this game marked down as a loss for a while.

OK, Here me out. BB is the mad genius with a major ego and competitive streak. He would like nothing more than beating the Chiefs and he been working on the game plan for months. Here is what we will see this week that will shock KC.

Bill has been saving his secret weapon for this game. TE Devin Asiasi. Just look at the 1st 3 games, basically zero TE passing game. Cam Newton whole career has been using the TE and now so far nothing. IMO DA goes off this game. 😁

Edited by m haynes