2K20: Game #4 - New England at Kansas City

onejayhawk

Damn. Hopefully Jordan, Cam and everyone on the 2 teams is/will be fine. I don't think this game will be played this week. Currently it is speculated, that it could be played on Tuesday, but i don't buy it. Be safe and cancel it for now. The NFL won't make it through their schedule anyways. They need to put in more bye weeks to adjust things, if they won't want to cancel the season. Move the Playoffs and the SB back as well.

Edited by Edge

38 minutes ago, Edge said:

Damn. Hopefully Jordan, Cam and everyone on the 2 teams is/will be fine. I don't think this game will be played this week. Currently it is speculated, that it could be played on Tuesday, but i don't buy it. Be safe and cancel it for now. The NFL won't make it through their schedule anyways. They need to put in more bye weeks to adjust things, if they won't want to cancel the season. Move the Playoffs and the SB back as well.

I think moving the playoffs back is the best option at this point. The NFL royally screwed up not adding an additional bye week or two for these scenarios. 

It's ugly. We are definitely looking at a postponed game. Here is the NFL’s official statement:

The New England-Kansas City game scheduled for 4:25 p.m. ET Sunday will be rescheduled to Monday or Tuesday after positive COVID-19 tests on both teams. In consultation with infectious disease experts, both clubs are working closely with the NFL and the NFLPA to evaluate multiple close contacts, perform additional testing and monitor developments. All decisions will be made with the health and safety of players, team and gameday personnel as our primary consideration.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/10/3/21500093/chiefs-patriots-game-now-officially-postponed

The possibility of three games in nine days is real. Also, the Chiefs have a player testing positive: Jordan Ta'amu on the PS.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/10/3/21500034/report-cam-newton-tested-positive-for-covid-19-will-not-play-sunday

All that said, Here is good health to all involved, including President Trump.

J

34 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I expect the game to be played on Tuesday. COVID is just like an injury. The team sucks it up and moves on. 

Tuesday--Sunday--Thursday = Three games in 9 days. 
Patriots--Raiders--@Bills = Could be worse but not a lot worse.

I think it's less about Cam testing positive, and more about the potential of mass spread. If Cam tested positive on like Wednesday, it wouldn't have impacted things. But you don't want to throw the whole Pats team on a plane together if it's possible that 5 other people on the roster or staff have it.

It's a little easier on our side, as we're the home team, so it's easier to separate everyone and still be game ready while waiting for the test results.

So ultimately, if everyone for the Pats is negative again tomorrow, yes, they'll almost definitely play. But if like 5 guys test positive tomorrow, they'll then want to test and quarantine further, and that's where the whole thing could be derailed entirely.

1 hour ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Call your shots when is the next game? 2021?

The league will do all they can to push forward. I honestly think the season winds up finishing, but in some weird, bastardized fashion. Either shifting to a bubble or having a shortened season or an expanded playoff or something of that nature. And probably ending later than the norm.

I still don't think this game will be played on Tuesday or any other day of the week. I just believe it if the referee is blowing the starting whistle. And if it does get played i hope the NFL reschedules our Week 6 game. 3 games in 9/10 days is to much for bodys, especially that our by week is supposed to be on week 10 and not week 7, so their would be no chance for players to really heal up.